Sunday, August 09, 2015

Menues for Week 33 - WB 08-09-15


Some thoughts on this at the END of the menu

Menu (and exercises) come from 8 Minutes in the Morning by Jorge Cruise

SUNDAY
B:Scrambled Eggs 2, slice ww toast with 1 t PB, 2 T raisins, 1 cup milk, coffee
L:turkey melt, mixed green salad, 
D:1/2 BLT with avocado (1 slice bread with 1 oz turkey bacon, iceberg lettuce, tomato, 1/8 avocado) 1 cup tomato soup
S:licorice twist, diet soda;  1 diet soda; 1 cup air popped popcorn

MONDAY
B:1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 T raisins, 1 cup milk, 1 t butter, coffee
L:1 cup vegetable soup, tuna pita, 
D:Chinese stir fry - 1 oz chicken, 2 C veg stir-fried w water, pepper, lo sodium soy, 1/2 C brown rice, 1 dinner roll

S:2 T raisins, 1 diet soda; 1 cup air popped popcorn; sparkling water (1 cup)

TUESDAY
B:Breakfast Burrito (2 eggs scrambled with 1 ounce cheese, salsa), apple, 1 cup milk, 1 cup coffee
L:Chicken baked potato (1 small baked potato topped with 1 ounce cubed sauteed chicken breast, 1 ounce cheese, salsa), large plate of steamed vegetables, 
D:1 oz grilled salmon with grilled onions and garlic, 1/2 cup rice, large green salad
S:1/2 cup gelatin, 1 glass club soda; 8 gum drops???? (in MY house???  Around ME????); 1/2 small bagel,

WEDNESDAY
B:Hard boiled eggs (1), wwheat toast, 1 t butter, coffee, 1 cup milk
L:1 cup chili, 1 ww tortilla, plate steamed veggies, 1/2 c frozen yogurt, 
D:Lettuce wrap (1 ounce white meat chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, salsa, lettuce leaf, large mixed salad, 4 wwheat crackers
S:1 licorice twist, 1 glass sparkling water; 1 large marshmallow (you've got to be kidding - and leave that big bag in MY house????), 1 glass sparkling water with lemon; 2 fat free cookies (HAH!).

THURSDAY
B:1/2 cup lo fat granola, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup fruit (apples - chopped)
L:1/2 turkey sandwich (1 slice bread with 1 ounce white-meat turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard), 1 cup vegetable soup
D:Fajitas (1 oz. cooked chicken breast, 1/4 cup onions and peppers sauteed with pam or water, tomato, lettuce, 2 T guacamole,
S:1/2 cup lo fat frozen yogurt, 1 diet soda; 1/2 c fruit salad, 1 diet soda; graham crackers (1 - 2.5 in square)

FRIDAY
B:1 ff waffle, 1 t butter, fruit
L:1 soy hot dog on bun with mustard, 1.2 cup corn, large mixed greens salad
D:Pasta with meat sauce (1/2 cup cooked pasta, 1 oz cooked ground turkey breast, tomato sauce, garlic), mixed-greens salad, 1 dinner roll,
S:1/2 cup lo fat frozen yogurt, 1 licorice twist; 1 diet soda; 1 cup air-popped popcorn

SATURDAY
B:Melon, 1/2 cup lo fat granola, 1 cup milk, coffee
L:1 cup lentil soup (stew) with lots of veggies cooked in it, whole grain roll (challah),  1 fortune cookie, 1 glass club soda
D:tuna pasta salad (tuna, mayo - 1 T, 2 T chopped onion and pickle, 1/2 cup cooked penne pasta over lettuce), 1 small corn on cob, large plate of steamed veggies, 1 sparkling water with lemon
S: 1/2 cup frozen lo fat yogurt; 8 animal crackers

THE END OF THE MENU - thoughts
Obviously I've decided to go on a diet - AGAIN/STILL!  Obviously I am NOT sure about this!  The exercise part of the program I do like.   Diet - uhmmmm.......

1. While I could definitely lose weight if I stick to all this - I wonder how well I would maintain that once I would return to my normal eating patterns.
2. Next point has to do with STICKING to the diet!  And even the thought of this makes me cringe!  True - I do NOT eat a lot of meat anyway - but this has meat both more frequently as well as in very tiny amounts and I wonder about that - a LOT!
3. What I want is something that will work as a PART of a lifestyle program (which is why I tried to rearrange the set meals in something similar to my usual eating pattern), but something I can stick to and enjoy.  Not sure about this - and may have to bite the bullet and just try!
4. some of the snack and dessert items are serious danger points for me - as in for the past x number of years I have tried REALLY hard to NOT have those items in my house!  Why?  I eat them!  Not only do I eat them - but I BINGE!  Easier to not keep them around and to just keep fresh fruit around for snacking anyway!
5. And, seriously - all that SODA and sparkling water!  All those bubbles!  All that GAS!  My tummy blows up just thinking about it!  Ugh!  And yes - I do understand about drinking tea, coffee instead - those are stimulants and not only psychologically encourage snacking (on the wrong stuff) but PHYSICALLY will affect negatively how my body will react - both in terms of the stimulant itself, but also in terms of how I would metabolize all the other foods!  Stimulants - NOT a good idea!

Still though - as a sort of kick-start for working on my diet and eating patterns - I'm going to try doing this!  More next week!

No comments:

Followers