Today I didn't even bother to climb onto the scales! I KNOW I'm overweight - WAY overweight! When I put my arms down at my sides and the pudginess keeps me from feeling my ribs - I am too entirely fat! Not just overweight, not pudgy - but FAT!
The emphasis these days is to love yourself regardless of what weight or size you are. Fine, well and good! However when I'm FAT - I have increased problems breathing, problems standing and walking, my knees pop out more, my chronic fatigue makes itself known once again and my metabalic rate plummets! I also feel bad! WAY bad!
So - I need to tackle this problem......... I don't know how others do it - but I DO know how I do it and what can work for me (IF I stick to it!).
1. EXERCISE! Yoga for sure - especially if I enjoy walking, standing, sitting without pain. And Strength exercise - my muscles are going in the wrong direction for now - and definitely need to be built up! Especially if I enjoy the walking, standing, sitting activities for which Yoga has given me the flexibility!
Cardiovascular activity - uhm - IF I keep up the above - this one follows almost automatically - usually in the form of walking around the house, dancing (although it can - and has in the past led to knees popping out of joint again!)
2. STAY AWAY from coffee. or at least stay away from more than 1 cup a day. Tea is fine - to an extent - just not strong tea!
3. No dieting per se - but re-figuring my food intake options - and going for healthy food choices - and yes, I do like the Spark people diet.
a. Limit fat intake.
b. Limit sugars
c. More fiber
d. Veggies - esp raw ones are good - just watch the sauces
e. Make sure I consume 3 glasses milk daily - OR the equivalent
f. One helping
g. REGULAR times for eating. Breakfast at 7. Morning pick me up at 10. Lunch at 12:30.
h. at 8 PM - evening snack - which is figured as part of day's caloric intake.
i. at 3 PM - afternoon snack - also part of day's caloric intake.
j. Weigh and/or measure EVERYTHING!
k. Make friends with salads!
4. Ummm - I SHOULD be journaling the diet - but considering that I spend too much time sitting and being on the computer anyway - that can be a problem. Consider planning - and then following the plan!
5. Weigh in - uhm - this gets to be a problem and then I hyperfocus on foods and overeat or binge eat. Consider losing inches rather than weight - and decreasing clothing size!
6. Rewards for each week? hmmm - at this point a reward for each DAY would be nice! should be something fun and NOT food! Must think on this! I definitely am too food oriented - and, no - hot fudge sundaes will NOT work as a reward! Neither will adding to my overly abundant stash!
Egads - I'm up to Number 20 (and probably a lot closer to #1 by now~!) on the UFO Queen's list on Stashbusters - something to NOT be proud of! Trust me on that one! Ah well, never mind - I'll have a week before I have to pay in a FQ should I hit the #1 spot! And I have the little baby quilt that would be just right for it!
The numbers for May on the Numbered UFO list are - #12 - which is Four Patch Revisited and #53 which is Jamestown Landing, both Bonnie Hunter's patterns!. I truly do NOT expect to be at the final quilting on either of these - but will be instead be glad to get them to the flimsy stage!~ I'm still at the practice a lot on the FMQ - and choose to do my practicing on table toppers of some description and baby blankets! Hence the baby blankets!
As for pictures of either of these - well, ulp! I don't have any yet - but I WILL have them! and WILL update my flimsy gallery as soon as I get the pix taken!
Mostly though I'm working on Jamestown landing - and considering that prior to this month I only had 35 string blocks out of the 168 needed and that my dd and I have been doing swaps with her portion being 500 blue and white HST which would be coming my way 100 at a time (I need 840 of these doodads!)...... well, all of a sudden things started moving faster - and Wendy sent 400 to go with last month's 100 and I got busy on paperpiecing the remainder of the string blocks! Currently I'm putting together the alternate rows (the star rows are DONE!) and will be making the remaining blue and white HSTs after I figure out exactly where I am with what!
Originally I had thought of changing the color of the intervening unit block to green - or gold - or red - because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough color in there! ROFLOL! Even though the string blocks are "light" - they are comprised of ALL KINDS of lights and I just love them! Definitely enough color in there with the string blocks looking "light" from an onlooker point of view! Love this quilt!
Re the Four Patch Revisited - I have ALL the little blocks leftover from when I downsized Bodacious to a baby quilt which I gave Evan. While I don't have any double pink like Bonnie used - I do have several other pinks and am switching my LE to attaching the triangles for the square in a "square" (the tiny Bow-dacious 4 patch blocks)! Still need to figure out what other color to use! This will probably be a quilt for my bed - uhm - an alternate winter quilt???? not sure! (My Log Cabin is first choice!) This is the LE as stated - HOWEVER since it is also a May quilt - it is of short term duration - and LE will revert back to the Orange Crush quilt once Jamestown Landing is done!
Jamestown Landing is a Bonnie Hunter quilt - and found in String Fling.
Bow-dacious is also a Bonnie Hunter quilt - and is found in Adventures with Leaders & Enders.
Four Patch Re-visited is also a Bonnie Hunter quilt and is also found in Adventures with Leaders & Enders.
Orange Crush is a Bonnie Hunter mystery and is found on her blog: quiltville.blogspot.com Quiltville's Quips and Snips.
Needless to say - I'm a Bonnie Hunter fan and I LOVE scrap quilts!