Monday, February 21, 2011

Quilting retreat!!!




I had a wonderful weekend - sewing, slicing and dicing blocks and otherwise making a wonderful quilty mess! Didn't work on son's quilt - though I will - but have been going full steam ahead on the Underground RR quilt! Mostly cutting - but sewing too! Did discover that I left 2 of my fabrics (which I THOUGHT - quite erroneously - were together!!!) at home. One I know what it looks like (yes, it HAS been a long time since I worked on this one!) and essentially where it is. The other one??? well, if I can't figure it out - then that calls .... for a trip to Southhampton quilts!!!! (and you can see how I suffer when I say that!!!!)

Other than that - it has been very quiet. Son's gf came over yesterday - I really REALLY like her. Of course it doesn't really matter whether or not I do - only whether or not son likes her! And I think he does! She's a very warm, caring person - who also has no problem telling N. when he's coming on a bit strong. She also volunteers to chip in and help where help is needed and continues until the job is done! All very positive things!

Other news - acc. to son - Dennis finished putting down the subfloor this past week - and apparently will be working on setting up walls, insulation and the rest of it. Who knows - I might even get back home before the end of March - although I'm not banking on it. Cabinets though won't be delivered until late Feb/first part of March = and I won't have them probably until sometime in May - however it will be nice to get back home and to my own sewing room, etc.

Still have to get my garden stuff ordered - think I will work on that tonight - I'm kind of quilted out for the moment!

No comments:

Followers