Monday, August 06, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 08-06-12

A BUNCH of projects for this month.  3 Classes, 1 Swap - certainly contributed to the free-for all!!!!


First of all - the Swap - You see the July HSTs in a plastic bag - I am planning to do August from the colors/fabrics shown.  That is - with the considerable help from the printed HST papers.....

The first class is the Fresh Air class - however class is over - but due to a missed session - I'm WAY behind - and plan on finishing up ASAP!!!!  The quilt is composed of 9 patches alternating with Snowball blocks - and was photographed in the Quilt Sampler magazine.  It's an easy-do! with some applique for a fresh twist!



Then Saturday there was a class on the Mondo Bag - which I can see making a bunch of these - for gifts as well as for my own use!  Again there was a pattern (I don't have the pattern!!!)  this was the first time I've ever used fusible successfully - and it's fun! Still not done though!


coming up at the end of the month is a Quilt-a-Quarter class - and this quarter we're working on Grandma's Scrap Bag.  LOTS to do on this one!

And MOST important - I want to finish up - and quilt - Nicole's Couch Quilt - for a gift (I sure hope the recipient likes it!)

2 other items really belong on here - but I haven't even got going good on them yet.  One is a baby blanket - the pieces are cut - just need putting to gether and quilting.

The other is the Color Palette for the month - and I have NO idea what I'm going to do for that!  Possibly some sort of block that I like - and do this as table toppers!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love your beginnings! Hope to see the ending of the couch quilt soon.

Followers