Sunday, November 07, 2010

This 'n' That - and then T'other Too!




Yes - it HAS been a long time since I published on this blog!!

Notes up to date - and don't remember if I said before or not - we (son and I) have been renovating bathroom and pantry - which means the mess of all messes in the kitchen, dining room with the living room STILL not being ready to be inhabited!

In fact - I stayed at son's home for 3 weeks while the renovation guys destroyed the old bathroom and pantry (they saved a LOT of wood, etc. and hauled it away.) and they went clear through to the outside wall - leaving just the outside shell - it all went! ceiling, flooring (5 - 7 layers of REALLY old linoleum), ancient insulation (such as it was) - it ALL went! Then they put in new insulation, new tub, etc. and I have new wiring as well. The pipes had been worked on previously so they were ok. The flooring has yet to be completed - which is WHY I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!! since I can't put shelving units in there until the flooring is done unless I want to haul everything out periodically! So it all sits in my kitchen, my dining room - and who knows where else! I DID localize MOST - but not all - the tools and odds and ends for remodeling though - but kept the paint out of the pantry - that will probably go into the basement - or upstairs in the upper closet - not sure!

Anyway - that was supposed to take place for only 3 days. Three WEEKS after I went for an overnight stay at Nathan's I was able to come home - to a plywood (not the permanent one) floor in the bathroom and no electric in the bathroom. And ftm - no heat (remember, all this was because this part needed to be done BEFORE I had my new furnace installed). 2 weeks later the furnace went in. And by then you KNEW winter was coming - if not already here! (and of course, it warmed up the day AFTER the furnace went in!)

Am I complaining? Not really - just explaining what all went on.

Since then - I've been trying to get this place sort of straightened up a bit.

Oh yeah - next item for re-modeling is the kitchen. I say no earlier than next spring - that lasted until son pointed out some things - so who knows!!!

Quilting - while at son's house - I really did get a lot done - not as much as I would have liked to of course - and I did hit a VERY MAJOR snag on all the charity lap robes I wanted to do. Wanting was fine - but the slice and dice and actual doing - well, let's just say that this would have gone a LOT better and I would actually have something done if I had some hand holding. I don't know WHY I get so hung up on approval and actually getting these things done - but I do!

Oh yeah - FWIW - the time table for all these lovely quilts and such - most are in the state of "won't take much" - some are in the state of "not in this lifetime, Butch!" and some are in the state of .... I can't think of any other states! Anyway - you get the idea! I DEFINITELY have too many down - but then maybe SOME will get done! At least I'll do the best I can and go from there!

Work is doing quite well - and who knows I may be allowed to learn other departmental duties as well as those for the 2 departments I usually am in. Would be interesting anyway. We'll see!!!!

Oh yeah - I've decided in my spare 2.5 minutes a month to lose some weight - or at least to (1) go back to exercising so my body will be sore while my mind is boggled down, and (2) eat what I plan - which happens to hopefully be somewhere in the ball-park of a WW diet - sorta!

That's it for now - I'm quite sure I will think of more later!

No comments:

Followers