Friday, March 29, 2013

It's FRIDAY! YAY!

Nathan and Lynn - just after the ceremony!  Sherry - Lynn's mom in the background and Heather - Lynn's sister straightening Lynn's gown.  Best man - Mike Toth

Outside of the fact that I'm  more than a bit nervous re preparing tomorrow night's dinner for not only my son and Lynn but also part of her family - I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again!  AND - as usual - I THOUGHT I had all of my supplies - but discovered I was out of potatoes - son and dil volunteered to pick up the potatoes (for baking).

I thought I had everything else all taken care of - had planned on having Passover Cheese pancakes which are very yummy! - but discovered that while I had remembered the cream cheese, I am out of the cottage cheese!  Ordinarily no problem - but this is the END of the month - and everything is on the tightest budget until next month!  No matter - I made Matzo Brie (another favorite!) instead!  SOoooooooooo easy!  Just matzos, water to cover for TWO minutes (no more or you get a soggy mess!  Trust me, I KNOW!), drained, one beaten egg per matzo (I used 2 matzos, therefore 2 eggs beaten well), mix and fry.  So - what's so hard about that?  Tastes great!  Fattening - yes - especially when I added some of the cream cheese on top and had cooked it in butter! (You can use jelly, honey, cinnamon and sugar as toppings as well).  Between that and one of my 40 million cups of tea per day - and I'm rolling out the door!

Today's schedule - hmm - well, because I'm GREAT at sidetracking - and I got overly involved in what I was doing (layout for my lapbook project) I didn't get a lot of else done!  today I get to do ALL the rest of it!


HOUSE (15 minutes at a time!)
Zone 5 - continue decluttering STILL
DONE Zone 5 - cleaning - at least half.  Figure out WHERE to stash all the remodeling stuff!  But NOT in my Zone 5 study!!!!!
Zone 2 - kitchen - decluttering - top 2 shelves of THE SHELVES!!!! (Wear hard hat!)
DONE WHB - fluffy dust for 10
DONE WHB - dust mop for 10
DONE WHB - scrub mop for 10
DONE WHB - all entrance doors/windows/mirrors for 10
DONE WHB - change sheets for 10
DONE WHB - Trash for 5
DONE WHB - weeks magazines for 5 - sort and rehome
Prepare Sorbet
Prepare Pie or cake
DONE Thaw turkey for tomorrow
DONE Prepare take along cooking, etc. bag for tomorrow

PAPERWORK
4 x 15 minute sessions on a quick sort
DONE Process today's mail

GARDEN (15 minutes at a time!)
Get plants - onions and leeks today - planted in flats (only 6 weeks behind MY schedule!)
Make plans for working outside later this week

STUDIES (15 minutes at a time!)
Russian - review Lesson 7 yet AGAIN!  (Practice supposedly makes it better!)
DONE Religion - working on Purim lapbook first
Religion - Work on Pesach learning folder
Science - continue with studies in Botany - Will do several short sessions - I'm behind AGAIN
Science - botany - see if the NEW book is in the mail
Science - botany - Lapbook work
DONE Social Studies - finish Archaeology - work on lapbook
Math 
Creative Writing 
DONE Spelling - dictate 2 sets words (will use only one until that is learned.  Am working ahead)

QUILT (same as for yesterday!)
Back to Square One
Slice and dice all the pink and put away. - will do several short 15 minute sessions (I didn't finish slicing green - BUT used almost all I had - in strings and 4sies!
Pink foursies for Bow-da-cious!  Keep in mind this is a LE project - NOT a do it all NOW thing!
96 Miles an Hour - slice and dice AT LEAST!

OUT AND ABOUT
DONE Post office
DONE Gym - bicycling for 15-30 today because I REALLY don't want to do weights!

MENU
DONE no - made matzo Brie (fried matzo) instead B:Passover cheese pancakes 
DONE L:leftover lunch menu
D:Grilled Salmon, fried green tomatoes, boiled potatoes with sour cream and onion tops, vanilla pudding

No comments:

Followers