Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wha'cha Readin'?

Wow - am reading a LOT of things - BUT a lot are for home-designed study courses I'm doing.  I also seem to have this - um - disability.  You see, I take back books regularly.  I take back 4 - and check out 6, take back 4 more, check out another 6.  Somehow this is starting to resemble my stash!

FINISHED

Science Fiction/Fantasy 
Book of Magic: Sandry by Tamora Pierce
Book of Magic: Tris by Tamora Pierce
Book of Magic: Daja by Tamora Pierce

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Romance - quick reads -
The Reckoning
Hitched and Hunted
Camouflage Cowboy
The Man from Gossamer Ridge
Major Nanny

Nonfiction
A Child's Garden: enchanting outdoor spaces for children and parents
Design for Gardens
The American Kitchen, 1700 to present


Mystery - light and otherwise
Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish Dorothy Gillman.  Read MANY times!  A FAVE!


CURRENTLY READING
Audio Book
A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon  There are a total of 48 discs (I know I said 24 - it's 48) and I LOVE this book!  Part of the Outlander series


Science Fiction/Fantasy
Winter Witch
Book of Magic: Briar's Book by Tamora Pierce

Romance - quick reads -
Copy That
Deception
Mason
The Texas Lawman's Last Stand
Standoff at Mustang Ridge
Dade
Gage
Cooper Security: Secret Identity
Cooper Security: Secret Hideout
Cooper Security: Secret Assignment
Cooper Security: Secret Agenda

Nonfiction
The Evolution of Plants and Flowers
The Private Life of Plants: a Natural History of Plant Behaviour by David Attenborough


Mystery and other reads - light and otherwise
Above Suspicion by LaPlante (Not Helen McInnes who had book by the same name)

Turn of Mind
The Bells of Freedom  - I've read this before - but it's been YEARS!  A kid's historical fiction read
Marmee & Louisa - the untold story of Louisa May Alcott and her mother.  AWESOME book!


Other Reads
Now we come to my text books!  (the plants above in the non-fiction are a part of it)

  • Basic Judaism - a review over basic tenets - this quarter I'm reviewing holidays, etc. and level of celebration
  • Botany - both from an evolutionary standpoint as well as from an overall review of types, etc.
  • Social studies - history - sort of in depth.  Currently readings in/on archaeology.  
  • A review of basic algebra (my goal is to take calculus - but it has been soooooooooo many years!)
  • Beginning Russian
  • Creative Writing
  • Handwriting - something I do periodically - that is, if I want to read my own writing!!!  I'm working on Italics Now!
  • Spelling - working on some of the rest of the 12,000 most frequently mispelled words. (Schools teach ONLY 4300 AT MOST! and based on the high school kids I teach - schools don't teach it well!)  I'm using Spelling Power - which WORKS!
  • I could probably add in exercise - which until gardening season happens means I don't get enough!






No comments:

Followers