Monday, March 07, 2016

February's quilting goals - and how I did...........

Here's what was planned:

1. Quilt January's New Year's (2010) Mystery table topper
2. Piece Work on Tobacco Road
3. Quilt February number challenge - Yellow Brick Road
4. Quilt February number challenge - Summer Breeze
5. Quilt Valentine Day table runner
6. Quilt Buckeye Beauty baby quilt
7. Piece Charleston

As you can see - 5 to be quilted (actually 4 - 1 is left over from January) and 2 to be pieced (actually 0 - one is left from January and the other was SUPPOSED to be a LE!!!  We see how that goes!

First - the GOOD news! (Provided of course I actually get the NEW pictures POSTED above each item!

#7 Charleston - as you can see - I finished the piecing - after changing sashing width and doing away with all the borders - it is now a very cute little baby quilt!

#2 Tobacco Road - not done, not even a flimsy - but definitely on its way!  Fun thing - because I apparently spin all my pinwheels backward - I had to start at the LOWER LEFT corner instead of the TOP LEFT like everybody else - which involved a lot of re-thinking how to put this together.  I REALLY like it though!  Originally I was going to offer my dil a choice of quilts - not now!  I'm keeping this one!  It's my COUCH quilt (no borders)!

And now for the OTHER news!

 Quilt January's New Year's (2010) Mystery table topper -
STILL not quilted (January project).
Not sure how I want to quilt this - X's???? Feathers????

Quilt February number challenge - Yellow Brick Road
STILL not quilted - not sure how I want to quilt it
but lions, tigers and bears come to mind -
as do wizards, lions, tin man, scarecrow, Toto and Dorothy.
Quilt February number challenge - Summer Breeze
ALSO STILL  unquilted.
And I keep thinking of blue yarn tufts
Quilt Valentine Day table runner
This one I actually started quilting - In MARCH!
Unfortunately I DON'T like the way it is going
so ALL the quilting needs to be taken out!  Oh joy!
Quilt Buckeye Beauty baby quilt
It is all sandwiched and ready to quilt - just NOT done yet!
I was having too much "fun" sewing strips of Tobacco Road
into a flimsy!
Now - as to what I will do in March - I'm hoping to focus on the March items.  Once ALL of those are done, then I can  move ONE above item into place and sew that - probably the Buckeye Beauty since it is all sandwiched.

No comments:

Followers