Monday, March 07, 2016

Quilting plans - what I did in January

New day - New Year - Fresh Start!

At least that's what I envisioned!  Fresh start being FINISHING a bunch of quilts!

January's plans - and it all started so simply.............

I re-did all my quilt lists.  To me, considering how SLOW (procrastinating) I work through some stuff - I decided to list SEPARATELY all hand work stuff, all STRING stuff, all APPLIQUE stuff - at least until some point when I could move them over to the quilting lists.  That was the plan!

There were those quilts that I had sort of not really almost started - you know, the ones I REALLY wanted to do, selected the fabrics and maybe sliced one strip of fabric from.  And that was about all.  Anyway - after last year's discovery that I might not even have a clue what the original pattern was - I moved all of those to WHIMs (wishful hopes in mind?) and there they sit!  They do NOT belong on the WIPs (works in progress) list!

And, of course, I wanted a group of FAST and EASY items so I could throw something together and GET IT DONE (such as when my number got close to the top on Stashbuster queen's list!)  Uh huh!

My January list:

1. Swap with Wendy
2. January numbers - the one I DIDN'T have - I substituted for LE my Tobacco Road quilt (at that point - only 2 strips of fabric sewn together).
3. January numbers - New Year's Mystery table topper.
4. Buckeye Beauty baby quilt - all sandwiched and ready to go.  If I was on a roll quilting wise - I could do THIS one as a swap.  If not - well there was the LE Tobacco Road

And that was it!

Of course - there was that cute Charleston picture that I wanted to change around - and - and .....

I decided that Tobacco Road would be a leader ender.  That decision lasted about 2 seconds.

RESULTS:


Swap with Wendy - DONE - for January anyway!
Only difference between this and the reality is
that the 4-patches are red and black


Tobacco Road - all pieces sewn together and started to assemble.  (sorry - no picture at this point!)

New Year's Mystery  Table Topper - still UNDONE 
No idea what I want to do re quilting it!


Buckeye Beauty baby quilt - still UNDONE.  One would have thought that since I didn't know what to do re quilting the NY mystery that I would have done this one.
NO idea how I want to quilt it.
Still, though, one would have thought.............




Charleston - ummmmmmmmmmmmm - well - uh - that started (very briefly) as a LE - and kind of took over.  Baby quilt ALMOST put together by the end of January (no picture at that stage however!)

AND I FINALLY got the binding hand sewn on the Log Cabin quilt.
Queen sized - with miles and miles and miles of binding!

No comments:

Followers