Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Aargh! So much for staying with the blog on a daily basis!!!!!




Actually life has been "interesting" to say the least.... Garden season and digging up and planting in, at work - digging in (increased volume), at home - digging out!, sewing/quilt - digging out and onward, learning situations - digging down (you knew that had to be in there somewhere, didn't you!)

Garden - just about all planted - which is not an unusual situation from what I understand - for MA - just beastly late from where I stand! I hope to get the last of it in today. At least until next payday and I can get some more herbs (maybe) and flowers (possibly). today I will be planting peppers, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts (OK - I chickened out - was going to raise from seed - didn't happen - may yet for late fall - we'll see!), lettuce, leafy greens (still like spring here - at least until this stuff is planted - then will be like the Sahara in January! HOT!), root crops, peas, and some more beans. Sounds like almost everything - doesn't it - but honestly - this is the last 1 - 2 beds! I already have 8 planted - fully!

And - I have my watering/weeding/mulching schedule set up. Let's see if I keep it or not! Currently I'm only 24 hours behind schedule (it POURED last night!)

Work - Urgh! Had a volunteer job I did last week - I worked for Habitat for Humanity - LOVED it! Even if it was on the hottest day of the year (actually - hottest day on record for this area at least!) LOL - even got to throw my weight around. Seriously! They needed someone to hold boards in place (boards slightly bowed) until hammered in - and I used my weight to help! LOL Also ran into someone I knew from Toastmaster's (when I used to belong). We left almost at the same time!

Work - learning modules - I am so far behind now it is unbelievable - but am still plodding away - even if one of my courses did vanish (I had everything done except for the final exam!) Work itself - it is high volume again - so I'm busy!

Home - right now my house is seriously reflecting not only my feelings re cleaning (it isn't), but also some depression for this past month (was anniversary date time - just sort of a culmination of stuff in the spring - which USED to be my favorite season! Stuff includes Mom's death in March, Dad's death several years later (5?) in June, S's return to a not so great home situation, a very chaotic (to put it mildly) fostering situation - and probably a couple of other things along the way. Just not an easy time - and I usually feel somewhat down. This year - along with that we can add work stress, and most of all - the house and my finances - which are essentially ok but not where I want them to be by any means. Will be - just not yet!

Quilting - ummm - I haven't even really gone in there other than twice since Wendy started working - why? because when I do - I have to press a mountain of blocks! which of course I can do in front of the TV tonight (after laundry time). And I'm finishing up a quilt (I SHOULD be excited - but it's like preparing to miss an old friend already!)

Last week Melissa - my son's significant other - graduated from college. I'm so proud of her! She will complete 2 additional courses - but isn't sure about graduate work, per se. And oh yeah - am pea green jealous - she has a VERY nice high GPA as well! Wish mine had been that nice!

Anyway - I was invited for the graduation party and thoroughly enjoyed myself - and ate entirely too much! DEFINITELY entirely too much! Was so good though!

Son still has maybe 1 semester to go - unless the college finally approves the work credits that they have been delaying on - if they do - he will graduate as well! Wow - am so proud of my kids - Wendy has her BA, Nathan - ALMOST has his BA, Melissa just got hers! Very cool!

As for me - I STILL need to finalize on my learning modules this week - and seriously need to get going on it. Hope to do that tonight - while I'm at the laundromat! Hopefully!

Also hope to prepare some blocks for hand quilting at work when my hours change a bunch.

No comments:

Followers