Saturday, June 05, 2010

Amazing!!


It is so amazing to me the kinds of "rational-lies"-ations I can come up with. I happened to see that our local quilt shop had Bonnie's newest book. HAD to get it! Never mind that the quilt fabric tag sale was the next day. But I HAD to get that book - THEN!!!

Got the book (was the LAST one they had - they were sold out otherwise!) And of course to not be rude I had to have a look around. I was pretty good though - stayed with the fabric scraps - 1.49 or something or other per ounce. Had a WONDERFUL time playing with scraps and mixing and matching. Put some back even! And, of course, to not be rude - I purchased some ($60 and felt lucky it was ONLY that!) Now - how can THAT be called SPENDING money and buying MORE fabric? After all, I was only not being rude!!!

Seriously though - I loved the fabrics and have made a point of NOT getting in my car today - nor tomorrow - or like a homing pigeon it would journey of it's own accord right back to the quilt shop!

Am on a personal retreat this weekend - quilting almost retreat (almost because my house REALLY needs help - a LOT of help!) Will post every so often - or as I remember to!

1 comment:

Quilting Journey said...

Oh, Helen...I just have to check out your blog every now and then! You are so much fun on the Liberated Quilters Message Board.

Now, I see here, that you've been adding to your stash. And I see by your side bar that Judy L. and her stashbusting is one of your reads. I guess it's really good that I know you also follow Bonnie's Scrap Saver systems and have been such a super organizer lately!

Keep up the good work, before long you'll be sewing up a storm, without any hail or thunder!

And who knows, you may even motivate your misplaced at birth daughter, Audrey, too ;)

Followers