Thursday, March 08, 2012

Earrings


Many years ago - way back when my daughter was growing up - I had my ears pierced.  I had a lot of earrings too.  But over the years, I got sloppy and didn't always wear them. 

When my son was born some years later, he was attracted to the pretty dangly things hanging from my ears - and would grab and pull.  Needless to say - I was NOT happy.

So - I stopped wearing them - just for a while, I thought!

Then I couldn't.

So - this week I decided WEAR the earrings - OR re-home them!  so I bravely took a set of posts - and tried them - knowing they would probably be tight.

Tight is NOT the word I have in mind!  The first earring went in ok - was a bit ouchy - but then it had been a long time. 

However - the SECOND earring - it was like re-punching the whole earring - the HARD way - a gazillionth of an inch at a time!  OH MY!  Pain!!!  Definite pain!  And once I had managed to push the earring all the way through (we will NOT talk about punch the earring - not at this time!) it continued to let me know it was there all day long.

I took them out at night - to let my ears relax - then put them in again yesterday.  Again - first earring - the left one - fine.  At least until both were in!  The second earring continued to be a royal literal pain!

Again - I took them out at night.  Today I am relaxing my ears.  Actually - I'm chicken!  Although I suspect the hard part may be over.  If so - I will put them in this afternoon. 

However I AM re-thinking my decision to wear earrings and wondering if it really is too high a price to re-consider re-homing them!

No comments:

Followers