Sunday, June 16, 2013

Design Wall for Week 24 - 06-17-13

Amelia Gardens - another scene - from last fall
 (I need to get over there and take more pix!!!)
Someone asked me WHY I'm posting views of Amelia Gardens - well, outside of the fact that I find it just an absolutely gorgeous garden and truly wish I could raise plants even half as well as they do - I love the color play - sort of like a living quilt!  LOTS of color combination ideas!  Like here - true blues against deep blue greens against a lighter bluish green spiked with a sort of rose apricot and a touch of white - again with another green as well.  Love it!

Currently I have to find my camera - unlike the phone which will beep when I press the find the phone switch, the camera just plays dumb!  NO sound!   What this means is that I have to clean the mess - uh - the debris - no, the - uh - paperwork that is on my desk as well as the fabric stuff that I just "set down for a second or so" on the top of the double drawer system in the sewing room!

My machine is STILL sick - STILL in need of my sending it to the machine doctor!  THIS is one of the big reasons I wanted a second machine.  That reason along with discovering that my machine was NOT meant for heavy duty, frequent and prolonged sewing, despite its bells and whistles.  Therefore I think I want a treadle!  None of this newer computerized - uh - stuff.  That newer stuff is based on plastic - which does NOT hold up!

So ....  what am I working on?


  1. BINDING - I am VERY slow at doing this - but that's ok - I'm doing it anyway!  And almost done!
  2. Dear Jane - no pix yet - so far I've only cut out PART of one block - the fabric for the rest was in the dryer getting tangled up with all the other red fabrics I washed!  Don't know if this will be just a couple of blocks or the whole magillah!
  3. Hexies - YAY!!!!

  4. Quilts - I truly do want to finish up those UFOs!!!!
    first one is the Peggy quilt - only instead of tieing - I'm embroidering.
    What am I embroidering on them????
    LOL - some of my "critters" I love to draw!
    (Mortimer the ant, Freddie the cricket, Billie the frog - you get the idea!
    Just the outlines.  Will post each as I finish!)

    1. I also want to tie some quilts - which I may or may NOT get to this week -
      This is one I was going to send to Judy - but had to wait until I had the $$ for postage.  Am  thinking of button-tieing on this one.

No comments:

Followers