Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ta - Da - and Ta - Don't



Are you ready for this????  I can (TA DA) upload pix from my digital camera now.  All I have to do is..... TAKE SOME FIRST!!!!

Seriously though - I can upload pix of my quilts, etc. on the quilt page and go from there.  I also need to think of what is going to happen to the other "pages"

You know what is silly?  I just got a new sewing machine (I got mad at the one I had - which had a LOT of probs - and was acting just like the Janome that Wendy had) - but I am totally intimidated by it!  You see, when I first turned it on - I had switched to the new quilting foot - and the needle came down, broke in half - and the point hit me on the chin!  then vanished who knows where!  Even though I wasn't hurt - I was soooooooooo lucky that it didn't hit my eyes!  And now - I'm scared silly of it!

As for the broken needle - despite repeated searches (including hands and knees) I can't find it.  That will last until sometime I go padding in there in my bare feet, I'm sure! 

So - I'm slicing and dicing.  Just not sewing - but I need to get over that FAST!  I mean - there is a limit to the amount of fabric one can store all sliced and diced.  I think I reached that point long ago - but who knows!

Re reaching that point - I read on Bonnie Hunter how to sort fabrics after slicing and dicing them.  I don't do most of my fabrics that way - ust the ones left over from various projects.  And store them like Bonnie does - by width.  and color group (light/dark).  Whenever she gets a full bin she starts up on a quilt = and uses up her fabrics that way.  I did that.  In fact - I did my Log cabin that way - I think I totally upset poor Maureen when I walked into class with 3 bins with strips neatly folded in them.  But seriously - it was easier doing that than otherwise.

But then Bonnie Hunter FINISHES up using her fabrics that way.  I've hardly made a dent in mine.  I did sort out some fabrics for Freecycle (Non-quilting type - scraps and even some yardage) and will have more to come I'm sure).  But I have a hunch I could sew up a dozen quilts easily from my scraps - and KNOW I can from my yardage - EASY.  (My sewing room resembles a fabric store - only not so well organized!) AND make several year-around wardrobes (that's FOUR seasons worth of clothing) without sneezing twice.  And STILL have yardage left over.  So - uh - why aren't I doing that?????  Well - I USED to have the whole thing of TIME.  Now however - I have more TIME, ENERGY (wish I had this much when I was in my 30's!)  - so maybe I'll give SOME of it a try.  At least until I figure out what else I want to declutter!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So.... where are the new pics?

Followers