Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good Morning! It isn't Groundhog day anymore!



Well - Groundhog day is long past!  FTM so is Valentine's Day.  Presidents' Day is coming up this coming Monday. 

News here - Log Cabin needs only the outside 2 borders and backing and off it goes to Wendy for quilting!  I finally got the fabric for the outside 2 borders yesterday - and think it will look terrific - and help actually tone down some of the red distraction in that little flower in the Navy Calico strips - that and with the deep navy outside border - just what was needed! 

The backing is a Civil War Repro - and I positively drool over it!  Sure hope there is enough left over for a vest for me (I have this thing about vests!  Some folks are like that about socks - I'm like that about vests!)  Should look great - will help tie all colors together and look special in its own right!  Haven't gotten the binding yet - but am seriously thinking it will be the red.  Possibly the navy - won't really be able to tell until the rest is done.

Other news - I have a new sewing machine.  As in BRAND NEW - and it is computerized (which is both a plus and a minus as far as I am concerned!)  Am learning how to use it now.

Have got a lot to sew up today - as well as all the housework I've goofed off on.  Wish me luck! 

Am re-setting goals for coming week, etc.

No comments:

Followers