Wednesday, February 01, 2012

It's FEBRUARY!!!!!!


Yeehaw!  It's February! 

LC quilt ALMOST done.  Love the outcome - but the making of it - OMG - BORING!  This one is a scrappy blue and light!  HOPE I have enough deep blue for outside border!

Other than that - ummm - have been doing a lot of not much!  So now it is time to pay the piper and do a LOT of much - AND quilt!  STILL have those samplers to finish - not hard - just I am scared to death of them - have already mucked up 3 blocks I'm doing for one!  Grrrr!  Keeping blocks - but they are entirely too small to go into this quilt!  Drat it anyway!  One would think I can't divide by 4 (instead of 2 :/ 

Cooking - made chopped chicken liver on toast points last night - thought I'd died and gone to heaven!  My tummy had been feeling peckish all day - apparently this is what I needed, despite my misgivings.  That I was CRAVING them - for sure!  Even dreamed of fixing and eating them!  OH MY GOODNESS were they good!

Homemade bread - pumpernickel - TG for bread machines and grain grinders - love LOVE LOVE mine!  Nothing like freshly ground flour! Esp in homemade bread!f

Soups galore - have made chili, bean soup, cholent (exceptionally good - think stew and there ya have it!)  Need to make some homemade mixes - ie biscuit mix.

Looking forward to Fri eve - have my mind set on Chinese!  Yum!  General Tsao's chicken.

Needless to say - it is lunch time - and I''m waiting for my chili to thaw!  Menues in process of being made out for coming week.  This PM - sewing rows together - won't finish - but will tonight - and then will do borders I think.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Recipe for your chopped chicken liver? They don't have chicken livers up here, so I'll have to use beef.

Helen said...

This will drive you crazy since I usually cook by what LOOKS or TASTES right!!!

Cooked liver (chicken livers are the most tender, though I imagine goose liver would be as well) - have used broiled, also leftover liver from smothered liver and onions (which reminds me - YOU are wanting a liver recipe??? I still remember almost having to forcefeed you liver when you were a kid!)

Anyway - cooked liver - (and here comes the hard part) - chopped

Add slice or so - chopped onion (1 slice chopped up fairly small)

1 hardboiled egg - sliced and sliced again (think chopped)

Dollop of mayo

I added some seasoned salt - not much since I usually don't use salt - but this seemed to beg for it. Can use Mrs. Dash instead - I would recommend the garlicky one.

Mix

Oh yeah - you have to toast some bread - preferably whole grain (I had homemade pumpernickel bread) - and spread either butter - or a dab of Nyofat or some such on it.

LOL _ hard - wasn't it!

Followers