Friday, April 04, 2014

Menues and recipes for my dd Wendy

Rhubarb - Man! sure wish it was time for Rhubarb pie!
I've been having horrible problems sending email to my dd in Canada (is this a Yahoo-ey problem???) and this from my NEW email addy (yafooey refuses to send my "clues" to the email I so blithely forgot to write down in that safe place I detest so much!) so yesterday on Skype she asked me to post on her blog.

The first is from Leanne Ely's Saving Dinner - which is a cookbook/menu cookbook/lifestyle eating plan that I dearly love!

Fish Nicoise - this I had last night - DELICIOUS!

3 t Tabasco sauce
3 T soy sauce, low sodium
6 fish fillets
1 T butter
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup Kalamata olives
1 t garlic powder (I forgot to tell you this - and forgot it last night too!)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a small shallow bowl, combine Tabasco and soy sauce.  Dip the fish fillets on both sides and set aside.  

Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat butter over medium high heat.  Add fish and cook 3 - 4 minutes on each side.  Remove the fish, set aside and keep warm.

Add the tomatoes and olives to the pan and saute for 1 minute.  Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.  Top the fish with tomato/olive mixture and serve.

276 Cal, 9 g fat, 42 g protein, 5 g Carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 105 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium.  Exchanges: 0 grain (starch) 5 1/2 meat, 1/2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 1/2 fat.

Serving suggestions" Baked red potatoes, steamed broccoli, and cauliflower.

I don't remember the one I promised last week - BUT menu last week was this: (let me know which and what you are wanting recipes for)

Tuna fusilli (quite good), Skillet chicken with Spinach (quite good), Sweet bean burritos - pretty good - but then I like refried beans!, Crock-pot corn chowder - very good.

Earlier this week - I had Romano turkey burgers, Dijon Maple chicken.  Was SUPPOSED to have crock bean soup with kale - which, btw, is quite good - had it before - but I burned the daylights out of the beans so that is out until I get back to the store!

Actually - I am trying to post weekly menues on my blog - most are from one cookbook or another - let me know if any sound interesting.

Love you and sure wish I had that magic wand to make you feel better!

Mom

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanx mom! I don't remember what the other recipe was. This one looks good!

Followers