Friday, March 19, 2010

As per Cindy's blog.....



March may be more than half over - BUT I found something on someone else's blog that I want to start doing...... and as soon as I figure out how to add buttons - I'm going button crazy and will be adding hers as well.

Anyway - it's Cindy's Porch and has lots of good advice/ideas, etc. Among which is her DO-LOG - which is what I want to add here!

Anyway - Day 1 or 2 - walked yesterday - wanted to scavenger hunt for several items (as per Cindy's list) - fire hydrant, bird, something different or new from what I usually see, (she had suggested someone wearing a toque). And of course forgot the camera! Hopefully will remember this today when I'm at work and we walk!

Found the fire hydrant - of course, right after I made the statement to some walking buddies that there was NO fire hydrant in sight!!!!

Re birds - you could HEAR them. You could see the heron nests. You KNEW the nests were occupied. BUT you couldn't SEE them - that is until we startled some birds in the rushes and reeds near the pond - and one flew away (blue jay? next time I wear my glasses so I can SEE !).

Something NEW - well, new to me - and I settled on a really bright mustard yellow motorbike.... hadn't seen one THAT color before! Now as long as I don't dream about that color.............

Other things for yesterday - overall goals are....
1. Shop at home and shop ONLY with a list. Wally world - I DID get a $5 movie (Queen Latifah - a favorite actress of mine). Also DID get some cold cereal (had lots of hot cereal at home), milk, cheese, bread (was out of this stuff) Didn't do a list!
2. Lay off the crappy foods. Ummm - 2 candy bags (2/$1) and a package of graham crackers later........ Did NOT do well at all on this one!
3. 30 - 40 minutes exercise. DID walk for 15 minutes which is 15 minutes more than the day before!
4. A few minutes spring cleaning. NEXT time I pick up FIRST - THEN spring clean. Worked on paper stuff - mostly put unused notebooks/tablets into a crate to be used later. New rule - do NOT visit office supply until I get this all used up!!! Printed up a batch of stuff - and put into notebook. All the garbage paper - using for paper piecing - and put into a special tub.
5. Old or new. Old - that would be my paper project - did work on that. House now looks like a wreck - guess what I will be doing this PM!

Keep in mind this is based on Cindy's blog - experiences are my own.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hi Helen,

If you need any help adding gadgets and badges (especially a certain badge) just shout.

Followers