Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do you know how many squares 150 4-patches is?????



Egads!  I figured I was in trouble when I saw the 150 4-patches.  But - not to worry - I could sew 2" strips together then slice and dice them!  NP

Yeah - right! 
My first problem came when I realized that I DO NOT cut straight - and that the guiding lines on my ruler LIE!!!!  There is at least a micron difference between one side of the guiding line and the other!  And invariably by the time I've sliced and diced my way past the 3rd or 4th I'm well on the way to sewing curved lines!

Not to worry.... Maybe!  I just straightened the line out - best as I can - and then used my handy dandy slicer thingy to even things out.

Now I love to save fabric.  In fact, I'm a fabriholic!  As both my adult children will readily testify to!  But - do you know that how many times I'm wasting that little tiny pieces - just to "straighten out that line"?  And probably not succeeding terribly well at that!  Let's just say that my giblet bins are exceeding 2 oatmeal boxes as it is!  (although, to be honest, not totally from yesterday either!)

Speaking of saving fabric - one thing I love to do is sew strings together to make larger pieces of fabric (squares).  Somewhere in this mess I have bits and pieces of some Taz fabric - which I am using in a Taz-man quilt - and which I figure to have completed - oh say, maybe around 2025 or so.  Cute designs!

This morning I got a chance to peek at Wendy's (daughter) Orca Bay mystery quilt (Bonnie Hunter
mystery quilt).  If you get a chance, go see it!  She uses her string squares so effectively - just darling!

I can feel the urge to sew creeping up on me - I got 100 2-patches done (equals only 50 squares - don't get excited!) - but today is paperwork.  And HAS to be paperwork - or else the paper monster is going to rear right up out of those baskets/boxes, etc. and come get me!  Besides - I'm STILL looking for my passport which is somewhere in there!  IN A SAFE PLACE!  Ugh!  That and my studies! (which if I'm going to do them, I'd best get my rear in gear!)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

600 eeny-beeny squares for 150 4-patches. Yeehaw! Don't stop for very long, it's hard to get going again!

Helen said...

Ha Ha - you're so funny!!!! You're just feeling entirely too good when you recieved my CS quilt!

Followers