Saturday, January 07, 2012

I Have Such Wonderful Children...



Seriously - my kids are great!  Of course they're fully grown - one married and one certainly thinking that way! 

Anyway - Wendy gave me all the info I needed to "fix" my blogs so that there was PLENTY of spaces!  AND I have a FEW of the old pix save - but (sniff) not many of those I managed to earn!!!!  I rather imagine that if I contact the lady I got them from and went to an old website I might find them - certainly hope so!

I also hope to get my regular photo pix up and running as well!

BUT.... until then, I'm sewing up a storm!

Oh yeah - finally did send the Carpenter Star Quilt on to Wendy - will do a show and tell when it eventually gets back to me!  I know she's busy - and this may take a year or more to get there - but I don't want to push her.  She does such beautiful work!

Woo Hoo!  Wendy has TWO books coming out! - One is a collection from Breeze - that's a literary group she belongs too - most definitely will enjoy that!

BUT the OTHER one - that's an anthology of some of Wendy's works!  Oh so very cool!  Can hardly wait to see and read!

Congrats, Wendy!!!!! 

Son called yesterday - honestly - am so excited about the "other house" near here getting worked on - have been staying away.  BUT - we are also working on MY room, the sewing room, living room and dining room here this summer - and possibly upstairs as well - hopefully!  Would LOVE to have that front porch done as well - but we'll see!  I may move into the other house in the interim.  Do wonder though how much it would cost to rent this unit out - I REALLY do not like moving - although you would never believe it with all the moving around I do! (Upstairs to downstairs, to son's while my bathroom and kitchen were being remodeled). 

Besides he is wanting me to move orchard trees and garden over there - which I think would probably be a good idea.  Soil here is certainly better than it was for sure!  AND I would have a LOT of garden space over there - trees, a huge back AND a huge side yeard as well.  Hmmm - have to think on this one!  Briefly! 

Downside - it does have STAIRS in it - 2 sets - but is like a condo - sorta!  And I really like that!  Plus it will have or has soundproofing between the units - which is even better! 

Would miss my neighbours from here though - even if I moved only 2 blocks away!  Folks just don't like to really walk and visit like they did when I was a kid growing up!  I have neighbours from many different countries - and I thoroughly enjoy each and every person as well as the flavour and customs of each different culture!  So very neat!

And, too, all the big dogs (the ones other folks are scared of) know me and act like overgrown puppies around me - knowing that I love them all!  LOL - Frustrates my neighbours (especially the ones who say their dogs are fierce watch or guard dogs!  NOT!) no end!




No comments:

Followers