Monday, May 27, 2013

WAIWO Monday (and it's a Memorial Observance Holiday!)


HOUSE
  • Quick and Easy
    • DONE Sewing Room  - WHB
    • DONE Back Stairs  - WHB
  • Detailed
    • Kitchen (NOT counting dining area) - Zone
  • Declutter
    • DONE Side porch - Finish decluttering and clean 
    • Study
GARDEN

  • Weed
    • DONE Salad stuff
      • DONE Transplant remaining celery
  • Orchard trees (2)
    • Put down Landscape fabric between orchard trees
    • Plant hot peppers between trees (3 or 4 kinds)
  • Clear side fence - front and back half and trim tops
    • Put down Landscape fabric along side fence 
    • Plant Iris
    • Plant Bee Balm
  • Herbs
    • Determine herbs preferring sun 
  • Define NE area well

  • Weed 
    • DONE Cabbage stuff  
      • hold Transplant any seedlings - They are too small and some areas still coming up
(Garden has now been completely WEEDED at this point!  Still needs mowing - grass - and transplanting and the fence rows cleared!)
  • Clear back fence 
    • Put down Landscape fabric along back fence 
    • Plant rest of Iris
  • Clean up and move around herbs 
    • Transplant remaining herbs
  • Define NW area well 
STUDIES

I am WAYYyyy behind on this.  Have this week to either catch up - or start over keeping track! which I can do since this is a self-designed course and something I WANT to do!  Math I want to review and eventually work my way through calculus.  Russian I truly want to be able to converse with some of my neighbours (Spanish and Arabic too for that matter - but one language at a time - can do more than one at a time - BUT it is a matter of TIME!)  Botany I want to do since I am gardening and remember virtually zilch of my schooling!  Social Studies - I really want to do this - am having a VERY hard time getting a lap book done - which is a sort of review of everything I'm learning - not because it's hard "has to be perfect" way of thinking - instead of "good enough" and "get 'er done"  So am considering THAT one to have a dual purpose - one being studies of the earth's past - and the other - to learn to "tame" that Perfection required way of thinking to a realistic level!  Religion I want to go through and re-learn - because obviously - I am NOT that observant - but need to review WHERE I am, WHAT I believe, and work on my level of belief as well as stepping out of my comfort zone and proceeding one step further.

As for yesterday I didn't spend a lot of time on my studies - and really need to work on these today.  Will re-align my studies for the rest of the week tonight




  • Math -

    • lesson 43 
    • lesson 44



  • Botany

    • WOP 
    • Chapter 2 - graphic organizer
    • Chloroplasts 
    • lab 2-1
    • Plant ID 
    • DONE CB 3 
    •  DONE CB 4 
    •  CB 5



  • Social Sciences - 
      • DONE Nova film - The Beginning (this is a Netflix disc and I REALLY need to get it back! 



  • Language Arts 

    • Lesson 9 - Pre 
    • Lesson 9-1 
    • Lesson 9-2 
    • Lesson 9-3 
    • Lesson 9-4 
    • Lesson 9-5



  • Russian - Lesson 8
  • Religion - Shabbat 

    • H2R 46-65 
    • SWS 15, 23, 71
    QUILT

    Yesterday I decided to machine quilt my bindings.  After having removed all the bindings sewn on the FRONT of the placemats, I moved and pinned the bindings to the BACK of the placemats. And then proceeded to TRY to sew them on.  The blasted machine wouldn't feed!  Muttering a few words, I checked the feed dogs.  Were they down?  So I clicked them.  Nope.  And went to put them back up again.  They wouldn't move!  So remembering that the machine re-sets itself to default, I turned the machine OFF again and on and checked.  STILL wouldn't feed.  So muttering MORE words (I have an extensive vocabulary in this area - social work does that to you!) I removed the thread plate screws and the thread plate, bobbin case - and OH MY!  Then grabbed (quickly, mind  you!) the lint brush and removed all that mess (WHERE did it all come from?)  Really cleaned that lint out of there - then put the thing back together again - aligning the bobbin case arrow with the dot on my machine (this is a mistake - I know!).  Put the whole thing together again, tightening the screws, and tried to sew.  Not only would it NOT feed (yes - I had thread) but now it had a real snarl of thread caught under the threadplate - where I couldn't get it!

    So I CALMLY (hahaha!) take that blasted - uh - the thread plate OFF, check alignment (AGAIN!) on bobbin and move SLIGHTLY off center (this has a marking that is NOT to be trusted!).  Pray!
    Put it back together again! Pray!
    Put the screws in.  Pray!
    TEST on scrap piece of cloth I don't want (has to be a don't want because if this doesn't work - I will cut it into a million pieces!!!!)
    Pray!

    This whole routine went on for something like an hour.  Threadplate ON, threadplate OFF and my face kept getting redder and redder.  Honestly - if the window had been open, my machine would have had to learn to fly!

    Other than that - continue slicing and dicing.  Get fabrics all sliced and diced for next step in quilting.
    Spend NO MORE than an hour on straightening/slicing/dicing!

    CALMLY sew Hexie flowers for an audio disc
    I can't do the bindings that way since I took them all off and was in the process of doing them by machine (grrrrr!)

    Tame the frustrated monster by doing rip-its (gently, gently) to any project needing that!

    KITCHEN 
    Make cookies
    DONE Make bread
    Make cake - week's baking
    DONE Make the Brazilian black bean soup I didn't make last night!
    Process the Jerusalem artichokes I didn't process the other day!  HAS to be done today!
    Clean that refrigerator! Oh my!

    MENU
    DONE B: Rolled oats with raisins, hot chocolate (for just because and because yesterday's quilting was from H.....)
    L: DONE Brazilian Black bean soup, MAYBE egg salad on crackers
    D: DONE Ate chicken mustard burger - not bad!  Homemade bread

    No comments:

    Followers