Monday, June 09, 2014

Design Wall for Week 23 - 06-09-14

Sigh - I have been muttering about "having to quilt" a bunch of table runners - forgetting that (1) this is EASY PEASY!, that (2) I have ideas in mind for each of them and (3) that ONCE I get started, I do enjoy it!  I'm not truly sure but I think more probably I am Defiant Disordered (alright - my family can now pick themselves up off the floor from laughing so hard!  this is NOTHING NEW for them!) - even to the point that when I designate a retreat weekend to work exclusively on quilting - I fight against it!  I mean - my house has never been so clean!  My studies are being worked on - even to the point of having a whole weeks worth DONE in some subject areas!  My laundry is CLEAN - and FOLDED and PUT AWAY!  My pantry shelves are FULL and - gasp - ORGANIZED!  (well, mostly!) I'm sick of reading (almost!) and my string blocks are blossoming forth! while my Underground RR - well - let's just say - I am hopeful that in another week THAT flimsy will finally be done!

But as for the machine quilting...... uh - let's just say it isn't gone, not forgotten - but just SITTING there!

Alone!

Undone!

and begging to be quilted!








And then there's the Underground Railroad quilt - just a-beggin' to be finished and then quilted!  Of course - it looks a lot different than below - and I DO have the 1st row at the top all nicely sashed!  But I have the rest to do - and still finishing up the 5 million and 50 flying geese - the HARD way (EB method which I seem to have trouble doing!)  Up to date pix on this - later this when - when I HOPE I have this done!


Seriously, I do hope to have these done - but have been saying that for weeks (months?).  Anyway - look for the Ta-Da post later this week! (posted on Friday!)

No comments:

Followers