Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Design Wall on Monday.... - No! It's Thursday, isn't it!

Geez - I loused up - at least - in part on purpose - although it would be easy to do so accidentally. 

My walls are {{{{{CHANGING}}}}}  But actually that's probably a good thing!

On the big wall are elements of Sweet Treat.  And one lonely row of Double Duty (this is just the top half, mind you!) - the reason for the change - Double Duty now has setting triangles and is in process of becoming "attached"  - but I'm not posting pictures this week of new changes - mostly because I don't have the other "blankie" strung up for an additional design wall.  Besides - I am HOPING to get that doo-dad at least mostly finished this weekend!  So gaze at last week's offering - and go from there!

Instead - on the design wall are the Sweet Treats quilt - which I am sooooooooooo behind on.  Wierd looking hanging thingies are in reality blocks that I have to "fix" (someday I will learn to sew STRAIGHT seams! and not gigantic ones at that!) Why did I hang them up?  Because I'm not really sure I like the color arrangement yet - and keep playing with them (which is why I'm behinder than otherwise)  Oh yeah - I also discovered I can't count - I have an extra block!  Anyway - this is my "take" on the May colors - and sashing will be white (although I think I like the pale blue of the flannel sheet better!)  Hope to get this one also done this weekend.  Hopefully! 

Re the Weave it to me - I was wrong - class is NOT this Sunday = it is a WEEK from this Sunday (YIPPEE!!!) - and I want to have that one done done done!  Mostly because I want to spend the next 2 sessions doing some applique across them.  Thoughts there are to applique vining flowers across the "lattice weave" and/or to have kitties and puppies playing hide and seek behind the lattice with birds and butterflies making their appearance as well!  LOL - this is funny - this quilt has gone from a rather maligned "it has got to be boring quilt" to one I'm excited about - and that I LOVE the color play in!

Oh yeah - can you see the "oops" in the second row?  I didn't notice until I was uploading my photo into the folder!  So - guess what I will be doing this evening!

Other quilts involve the mini Threadhead sampler - which hopefully I will finish today - and will post a picture then!  Was soooooooooooooo embarrassed - I was following along faithfully - and talked with my dd Wendy - who mentioned 2 (not 1 like I did) 9 patches and FOUR (yup, I did only one) four patches!  TG the basket was only one - although I did have to search everywhere for the pieces for that and the churn dash that I had "just had in my hot and grubby hands" - searched 2 hours, gave up and went to bed.  Next morning I headed to quilt shop (where I live) - and lo and behold - out of my Underground RR top fell all the missing Threadhead pieces!  Geez!  so no I am pinning and labeling EVERYTHING and trying to track everything through when I take it in my hands.  Is this a thing of getting "more mature" as time goes on?  I wish!  I've been this way since I was in elementary school and definitely have NOT improved any!

Anyway - I did the rest of the TH pieces and have attached all the thises and thats and now only need to finish up.  Picture will be posted when I am done.

Items NOT touched this week - include Arizona Skies, my shoe fly and the re-do on the Paper piecing.  Sigh!  This last one while a delight (and falling apart - I forgot to lock the seams!) is hanging around my neck like a millstone - and needs to be done!  NOW!  TODAY!!!!

NEW class - Irish Double chain -= and I had pre-cut all the fabric - so was able to get quite a bit done.  Still - no design wall for this one (I ran out of DW's! LOL)  Will take pix probably on Monday - IF I finish one of the other quilts!

AND TA-DA!!!!  Home to me!

My Row by Row - which the other ladies did miraculous things with!  This is part of the swap I'm so behind on! 

BEST OF ALL!!!!!  Home to me from Canada and my dd Wendy - came my Carpenter Star!!!!  OH MY!!!!

By the way - the rows and lines ARE straight - just not on my bed!  Will try to get a better picture of that!  Also am sending a more detailed picture of Wendy's gorgeous quilt work on the star itself!  She truly did a fantastic job - completely outdid herself! 

I showed the quilt to the ladies at the post office when I got it - and the long lines and postmistresses just were totally wow-ed!!!!  I also took it to my quilt shop - and then the next day to quilt class (also at the shop - EVERYONE loves it - and even Maureen who is very good at quilting said that she couldn't even come close to the quilting job that Wendy did!  I just love it!  I only wish that the photos showed up better the quilting that she did!!!!

No comments:

Followers