I don't know what! Errors, maybe. Frogging (rippit, rippit), definitely. Screaming frustration, probably! Still and all - I DID get quite a bit done - even considering that I team babysat with Evan and Lilly, which is always a joy! And even considering that I got home - dragging myself the last few minutes, skipped the dinner hour because I was usually asleep - only to wake up at midnight, of all things!, absolutely ravenous!
So maybe this design wall would be about what I DID do, what I PLAN to do, and what happened along the way!
First thing - the pictures are old. They weren't planned that way. Unfortunately when a battery gives its last gasp - that's it! And my camera is one dead puppy - at least until I get some new batteries! And I HAD planned on new pictures! so - now you have to "put up with"/tolerate (or not!) descriptions and OLD pictures (or even NO pictures!) - at least until I get new batteries - which probably won't happen until next weekend!
|Detail of the Log Cabin Quilt that I'm binding. My dd did all the quilting!|
I want to finish this this week!
TO BE FINISHED THIS WEEK
I may do some quilting on more table runners - especially if I run short of time.
This is where I had planned to put a BUNCH of pix!
Unfortunately, now they have to wait until NEXT week!
Eons old sampler blocks -
I have a few online I could post - but those were sent. The ones I want to post now are the ones I want to send to their original owners in the swap group. As soon as I get batteries, I'll post both on here and on old email addies for the individuals.
BLOCKS TO BE POSTED AND ON THEIR WAY/OR AT LEAST PIX POSTED TO OWNERS BY END OF WEEK
Virginia Bound -
What do you do when you are more than busy enough, bored with the stuff that you HAVE to do - like cleaning, studying, and at a frustrating point with some old projects?
Why - you start a NEW project! In this case - Bonnie Hunter's Virginia Bound from her "Scraps and Shirttails" book! And you make string blocks of it in these lovely fabrics that you just "happened to come across"! and in lovely colors of golds, browns, reds with a spice of green plaids! FUN!
Re-making valences into baby blankets
First of all - these were blocks that some folks sent me way back when I lived in a different house - with a gazillion windows! Secondly - the blocks were made into valences - but NEVER used because I moved before they could be. Thirdly - the fabrics really are for a little one and while they actually would fit nicely in MY room now - they will work better as crib blankets! and will probably make 2 or 3 blankets for little ones. Colors - pastels of pink, green, lavendar and the fabric that I sent to the various folks in the group - which has little bubbles or dots of each of the colors - all on an off white and/or unbleached muslin. Original idea as a valence (now that idea is scrapped) was the blocks on point with picotee lace sewn to the bottom edge. Fortunately I don't have the lace, so that never happened!
TO HAVE FLIMSY DONE BY NEXT WEEK
On Point BOM by Bits 'n Pieces
This Sampler BOM takes place over 9 months and is our quilting group's project for the year. I can't say I've been a regular since I attended exactly 2 meetings - the first one (when I dithered around and whatever I did had to be done over) and the 5th one where I worked on making the binding for my Log Cabin - because the LQS (local quilt shop) had big enough tables - and I don't! Plus I have 4 cats who LOVE my quilts!
I completed the first block and have 2 others in progress! Pictures will follow - eventually - when I get new batteries.
TO BE CAUGHT UP BY NEXT SUNDAY!
And there I was - sewing away, almost done
and decided to take it out of the frame......
when I found I had sewn the applique TO the frame! Sigh!
HOPEFULLY to be finished this week!
Swap blocks for my dd are finished and were sent on the way!