Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall for 07-23-12

A Flimsy FINISH!!!  These are 4 placemats and one center that I did for the June Color Palette!  After they are quilted I intend to bind them with the dark green for binding.  Quilting will probably be meandering - although the Stitch in the Ditch for the flowers sure appeals to me - and meander along the inside sashing!



Next is a Follow Along - Nicole's Couch Quilt (Nathan and Lynn - DON'T look!)  This is still WAYY behind!  Should finish this week however!



Third on my July list of "MUST DO" - July Color Palette - this color palette just screamed at me - and SOOOOOOOOOOOoo strongly suggested a white painted table with Improvisational placemats on them, white plates with melons of various descriptions cubed on the plates and small pieces of cheese on fancy toothpicks with a flower covered straw hat tossed nearby and in eyesight!  However that's a bit long for a title - so Improvisational July CP will have to do!  LOL  Oh - and this is DEFINITELY NOT done yet!  And, no - that is NOT blue - but 2 different shades of purple!


My July UFO is a Sweet and Sassy quilt begun several years ago (4????)  My daughter saw it and promptly re-named it HER Apple Cider Quilt.  OK  Sounds good to me!  this one will probably NOT be completed this month since it has a gazillion HSTs but I'm doing LE style on sewing twosies and foursies, etc.  and this will be an ongoing project I think.  DEFINITELY have been making progress on it!



The last 2 are for classes I'm taking.  The first class is called "Fresh Air" - and I think I'm going to like this quilt a bunch!  Am using a LOT of my 2.5 inch strips.  Although certainly not as many as I had hoped to!  However this should winnow down my strip stash in that size a bit!  This pattern is from a Magazine Quilt Sampler.  Lots of awesome quilts in there!  This is a class quilt - although IF I have time I may get all my 9 patches done and out of the way!  Not sure what I will do for the Snowball size though!!!!



The next quilt is for the other class I'm taking - but this class meets only once a month.  We will work on this quilt for 3 months before beginning ANOTHER quilt.  So - there is a bit of time (although the quilt IS super easy!)  This quilt is Grandmas' Scrap Bag quilt.  We did a fabric swap - and I got some lovely fabrics, but when it came to cutting things out - I kept picking up golds, browns, etc. and have added quite a few from my own stash here at home.  So - I think this will be a scrap quilt - but have a DEFINITE fall twist to it!


I have other things to work on - but these are the focus for now and for the rest of this month!

No comments:

Followers