Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 07-16-12

Geez everything is going by so fast it's like being on roller skates!!!!

Same pix as last week - EXCEPT I'm a lot farther along on the couch quilt - BUT - am thinking of re-doing the quilt with a different color background.  Frankly - I'm very nervous - son and dil want BLUE - and it IS blue - all kinds of blue - EXCEPT for the background.  And that's what I'm thinking of changing!  Maybe.  Just not sure!

Am trying to focus here - (look at my JULY project list - EGADS!!!!!!)



So - at this point - I'm only posting on the top two (despite having a BUNCH - but unfortunately not all - 4 patches for the Apple Cider - aka Sweet and Sassy quilt - there are a gazillion of them - I swear! These will be the LE AFTER I complete the rest of my June CP and July CP - which hI haven't even figured out yet -  projects )


My MAIN goal is Nicole's Couch Quilt - which will be a wedding present (and hopefully neither Nathan NOR Lynn will look at it).  However - as I said - I MIGHT decide to do this same one again - with the paler blue green as the background.  The colors don't show up here really well - but all of these colors ARE present in the batik.

First one - hard to imagine a complete quilt out of such pieces as this....  (please ignore the bug pattern!)



The next 2 are close ups of one block.  and - no - that pale blue everything is on - is the flannel - and NOT part of the block!





No comments:

Followers