Monday, July 09, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 07-09-12


NOW - I'm working on my Nicole's Couch quilt and am - as usual - way behind.  Working on that this week.  Hope to catch up by tomorrow evening.  The bottom Batik is for the border while the top one fills two roles.


I decided (1) that the Fancy Flowers needed to be placemats - with a centerpiece.  Still working on this (would have been done - but had sudden attack of indolence last week - and read like a demon!).  The bottom row needs to be sewn to the center strip - and the 2 green side pieces need to be determined as to width, sliced accordingly and attached.  Not a lot to do - and I may decide to do this LE style this week.  There are 4 placemats and 1 centerpiece.


My LE (Leader-ender) project WAS the little HSTs - connecting into twosies and foursie pinwheels - for my July UFO - the Apple Cider Quilt (aka Sweet and Sassy in the book).  A lot has been done in the past when I had this for a class - but there is still a lot to be done on it!  The design board doesn't reflect what all has been done - just a sample of what I am currently doing.  Key word here is SAMPLE.  Not sure whether it will be completed or just worked on and finished next year. Still trying..... 



My LE project before that was the HSTs for my churn dash - except I suddenly remembered - I had the July UFO to do.  So stopped that!  Have to mark a bunch and get ready to sew HSTs anyway.  Progress on this has been VERY bumpy to say the least because I keep stopping and starting as other projects become more pressing!!!!


No comments:

Followers