Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Design Wall Monday 07-30-12 - only it's Tuesday!

This is a design wall of "gee, I'm not finished yet!!!!"

First - the couch quilt .....


block one is done, hopefully.  Block 2 - I REALLY like the variegated batik on the triangle part - and like the center block BUT don't really feel the center block quite "goes" with the rest.  The center block on the FIRST block - the color DOES exist on the variegated swirly batik - but you sure couldn't prove it from anthing farther away than a foot!  Besides I think son and dil wanted ALL blue - including the background!  And that pale blue would work (maybe - probably not) in the background!

Block 2 needs to be sewn together, then all block 2's need to alternate with the 1's and I need to finish up the whole thing.  Hopefully.  And hopefully it will be done this time next year.
.........................................................................................

The color palette thingy - EGADS!!!!  What a mess!!!!  I think from here out I probably need to either paper piece the rest - or wait for my dd to arrive and SHE can put it together!!!!  See what I mean?



There is NO WAY I would consider eating a melon thingy with this as my table topper!  At least not until I get it re-done (probably from scratch!)
.....................................................................................

The next is my July UFO - which is NOT done - but I AM pleased here - there were a gazillion HST's - both large and small.  The small ones went to form small pinwheels.  This started with NO small pinwheels put together, and NO twosies either!  Also - no pressed open HSTs nor trimmed.  And while I didn't finish this - I did get a LOT of work done on it!  I'm happy!  Oh yeah - this is staying my LE until I finish all the steps up to where I connect block A with block B.  Seems to work fairly well that way!

..........................................

Re the Grandmother Scrap Quilt - not a lot of us traded.  and I haven't had a chance to work on it.  Will post a pic next week.

No comments:

Followers