Monday, July 15, 2013

List of things to accomplish - hopefully this week....Week 28

This is Button!
One of two I adopted from a local shelter.
They were just minutes old when discovered beside Momma who had been killed by a passing car.
Especially if I'm superwoman!!!  I know that just posting this and hoping for me to pace myself won't work beyond the first day - still - it hopefully will help me to maintain focus.  Because I want to focus on what I DID get done - and NOT on what I DIDN'T get done - at the end of the day or week - whatever - after I copy paste to a new day and fix that - I delete all the DIDN'T and keep the DID!  Trust me on this - I need the positivities!

I DO think I will have to be superwoman - because this sure is an impossible list!!!!  So - maybe SOME of this list will be done THIS week - and then SOME probably over the next year! LOL

Besides - I could ALWAYS say - today I'm going to Garden (GH1d, GP2, etc.) - House - 2:K1 etc.   Think that will work???  NAH!

OR I could copy paste - which is what I could do if I'm going to do the WAIWO thing (what am I working on) - which is sort of redundant!  OR I COULD go with what I have on this page - and just write a list SEPARATELY on (gasp!) paper - and go from there - then post ONLY what I HAVE done.  Which offers more possibilities.

Or I could just forget the entire thing!  Which might not be a bad idea!

Unfortunately that would give me a really good excuse to just ..... drift! .... and not really get anything done!

I AM doing things - truly a lot of them - and have made quite a bit of progress (for me, at any rate)- just not the amount I had hoped for!  Which is why I am/need to shake things up a bit!  Hence this post!

When Nathan and Lynn move - all else stops - and I help out!

GARDEN

  1. DONE Harvesting - 
    1. Daily picking raspberries - they aren't as tangy this year - sort of "washy" - all the rains????  Also harvesting herbs - maybe 2 plotches a day
    2. Odd even day picking either peas (mostly pea pods at this point), cucumbers
    3. Or even odd day picking of green beans, possibly squash
  2. DONE Transplanting - 
    1. either cool of evening (preferable - and with major splash of water to cool them down overnight!) the coles for fall/winter harvest
  3. DONE Planting - 
    1. DONE STILL need to plant those flowers - or the money I spent will be GONE GONE GONE!
    2. Definitely root crops - am at tail end of fall planting for these in this area I think - beets, carrots, turnips, kohlrabi, maybe even rutabaga.  Also supposedly (don't believe it!) parsnips - which is wierd because NO ONE advises planting salsify this late - yet the "days" for salsify is almost same as for parsnips - PLUS they both like the same temperature/climate/seasons!  So - IF I have any salsify seed left - will plant that - and woe betide any energetic birds - esp. pigeons!! (always did love squab pie!!)
    3. Tail end for planting any of cole family as well - plant where short peas croaked!
    4. Considering planting greens or salad stuff - esp in area where peas were - or at the back end of the squash area
      1. Okra is GROWING and more has come up!  I suspect it won't make it this year!  And okra is ONE of several reasons I am having not only some limbs removed - but also considering having major loads of manure/topsoil brought in.  DEFINITELY need soil tests to be done - esp. pH levels - may be too acid for okra.
    5. WORD for the wise - stay AWAY from the corn - it's pollinating - and I truly do NOT like wheezing!
HOUSE
KITCHEN THINGS TO DO
  1. Freeze
    1. DONE Peapods
    2. DONE Raspberries
  2. Dehydrate
  3. Make
    1. Bread -
      1. DONE wwheat.  
      2. DONE Challah on Friday
    2. Soups - 
      1. DONE chicken soup - skim.  Fat goes in one container for cooking.  Soup - freeze broth - 2 cup amounts
      2. DONE chicken veggie soup - make a THICK soup
    3. DONE Salad - for tomorrow - chicken?????  
    4. DONE Grind wheat
STUDIES - (SOME ON HOLD AT THIS TIME - AT LEAST FOR THIS WEEK!)
  1. Religion - each day's readings/mini books
    1. Read 40 Things, ch. 9(DONE) ; this is My God, p. 57-69 DONE
    2. Song we sing - 44, 60 DONE ; 8, 19, 20 DONE ; 45, 47, 61 DONE
  2. Math - 1 lesson per day
  3. Russian - 
    1. DONE Finish up lesson 14 - going over rest of chapter's Russenglish!
  4. Creative Writing - each day's lesson
    1. DONE Lesson 10, Day 1
  5. Social Studies - hold this week
  6. Science - hold this week

QUILTING/SEWING
  1. DONE Stash Report
  2. DONE Design Wall
  3. NEW quilt - Summer Breeze **
    1. DONE Get fabrics together
    2. DONE slice and dice
    3. working on it Sew up flimsy

2 comments:

Dayquilt said...

I'm very curious about the "design more ants"!!

Helen said...

LOL re the more ants - NOT posting those until they are done! Depending on whether or not I like them, I may copyright my drawings! Hopefully will be cute - at least am planning that!

Followers