Friday, July 26, 2013

Yeehaw! It's Friday Again - WAIWO - 07-26-13

Nathan and Lynn at their wedding
Sometime today my son is supposed to call me.  I was just over there - and he has been embarrassed to call me ("my mess and we'll sort it out").  Sherry and the girls have been over there to help and I haven't even been called (nor accepted when I went over there).  Frankly, I feel left out!  So - I took the bull by the horns, and went over there this morning and confronted my son - will go back around noon.  He is super busy with work (his office is at his home and he goes nuts with business calls and training people and resolving problems, setting up networks, etc. etc.).  Lynn has a concussion from a student falling on her last week (Lynn teaches acrobatics, dance procedures and choreography to college kids and her team is going to nationals.  She was "spotting" a kid who was off the ground to prevent them from falling and hurting themselves.  Instead the youngster fell on her!  Definite concussion!) and their little dog is NOT used to living on a busy street (they just moved) and barks at EVERYTHING! which of course gives her horrible headaches! and which means NO rest!

Anyway - in terms of clean up at the old place - that isn't happening yet - no time, no good health.  In terms of cleanup at the new place - no time, no good health.  Sherry has been helping out as much as able.  And I want to help too - I'm VERY GOOD at packing/unpacking/cleaning up and scouring things and putting things away again.  Except for my house which is a whole other story!  But I DID the above for YEARS and raised my son accordingly - as well as put myself into and through college by scrubbing floors. (and then found out how much my college degree was worth - so for a time went back to scrubbing floors! that was before I landed my job in a different part of the country as a social worker.  Easier to scrub floors I think.) So - I will be doing that later on today.  And probably all weekend as well.  and hopefully Lynn will GET SOME REST!

Until Nathan calls me and says come on over, however......

HOUSE (will work on catchup stuff first!)
      GARDEN - weed, re-plant, etc. - pouring rain off and on - no gardening today - looks pretty nice, actually!
      • weed

      • Plant
        • Harvest - not today - I'll dissolve - as well as spread soil-borne disease through raspberries, tomatoes, beans, cukes, squash
      STUDIES  - working on catchup stuff first
        • Religion - each day's readings/mini books
        • Math - 1 lesson per day
        • Russian - 
        • Creative Writing - each day's lesson
        • Social Studies - hold this week
        • Science - hold this week
        QUILT I am so behind that I burst out laughing when I say CATCH UP things!  Summer breeze set aside - MUST work on Hurricane Sandy!
        • NEW quilt - Belize???? 
        KITCHEN
        • Freeze 
        • Dehydrate
        • Make
        MENU
        DONE B: leftover raspberry cobbler, omelet  (cobbler good - BUT too sweet!  I like tart! definitely too greasy!)
        DONE L: soup - the mystery one
        DONE D: Chicken and dumplings, green beans, some more of that cobbler, melon (finish 'er up!), challah

        MENU FOR SATURDAY
        DONE B: coffeecake, milk
        DONE L: stew?  veggies, either chicken or beef or eggplant parmesan,  challah, fruit
        DONE D:fish cakes, tartare sauce, boiled potatoes, peas, fruit

        No comments:

        Followers