Sunday, August 18, 2013

Knitting Report - Week 32

Yup!  My "pregnant" scarf!
Looks like it will give birth to baby scarves any time now!
Other than the "soakers" that I knit for my dd before she was born (size 8 no less!),
it is the second thing I've ever knit.  Which means I really needed to hide this one!  Still and all......
Oh my!  Judy has done it this time for sure!  And now, I found out that Sheri (Lynn's mom) LOVES homemade socks!  I am seriously in TROUBLE!

Of course - I NEED to get some different needles!  AND re the patterns - I have a bunch of freebies I downloaded (somewhere! - probably on the Ravelry site!)

BTW - how do you figure yardage when it is sport weight and NO yardage is given? but the "skein" is humongeous?????  weight is 12 oz each "skein" - have maybe 4 of these.  Also have a LOT of little odds and ends - what do you do with these?

Knitting needles 
Have
13 (straight),, 17 (1 - straight),
SOMEWHERE - 8 straight.  I need to get this together!!!!!! AND to get size needles (and kind) that I need!

Patterns
Wingspan
Multnoma
Age of Brass and Steam
Beginner's Easy Cowl
basically ANY free pattern (except socks!)

Yarn (a lot of this is yarn bequeathed to me!  NEEDS to be used up!
Have on hand - all kinds of sock yarn! (Is there a problem here????)

Used this week 0
Used this Month 0
Used this Year 1 skein (mostly) - yarn for skinny scarf

Added this week 0
Added this Month 0
Added this Year to date 1 skein of a lovely LOVELY heathery green!

Net used oops! 0

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It scares me that you're knitting! Are you ill?

Helen said...

ROFLOL - considering my skill level.... no! Actually I had wanted to learn - and TRIED when I was little only Mom didn't know how to teach a lefthander (sit opposite and knit) and gave up after a while!
Yes - I definitely understand being scared - but honestly - I was looking at some of the patterns - and HOW CUTE! Just gotta try it (pregnant scarf not withstanding!)

Helen said...

Besides I have a LOT of yarn - sport weight which is suitable not only for afghans but also for socks which is what I think I will try! Things like Cowls and that luscious Wingspan at Revelry - have to wait a bit - although the last is on a beginner level.

Followers