Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday, Monday - isn't there a song that starts like that???? WAIWO 08-12-13

Hmmm - Since I didn't get really anything done yesterday - today is the day I do yesterday's chores!  Being a day out of sync (at least a day!) is not really that unusual for me anyway!

Thinned a bit in the root part of the garden - LOTS of thinnings!  Will be thinning tomorrow - more radish thinnings, plus beet thinnings.  Radishes - I figure I can thin one row a day.  Maybe!

Also weeded - a lot! - in my herb garden which was just about to get lost in the weeds!

Lots of tomatoes coming on - and - Woohoo!  One of my Brandywine tomatoes is starting to ripen - FINALLY!!!!  I've decided that the one that I've gotten ripe (almost ripe) tomatoes from before is a Kellogg's - also an heirloom!  Another heirloom I have planted is the Old German - but that one will be FUN to figure out whether or not it is ripe - since it is greenish when ripe!  Still I figure it will be wonderful in my fried green tomatoes - and am looking forward to it!  Plus - I hope I get enough this year to make green tomato pie (takes ALMOST ripe tomatoes!) and green tomato mincemeat.  And then - IF I get canning lids - there are canned green tomatoes, green tomato pickles, etc., etc.!  Almost makes one wonder if I'm sad when the tomatoes finally ripen!

Made quite a few phone calls - including re-scheduling dr. visit about this stupid heel of mine - which really hurts - but car at present is in Sturbridge - and it was all a mis-communication on my part! Anyway - will be seeing Dr. tomorrow - and will probably get x-ray as well.

HOUSE
  1. ZONE 1
GARDEN -
  • weed
    • DONE potatoes/roots
  • Other
  • Thin (Have to re-thin radishes AGAIN!)
    • Blasted birds trying to eat ALL of the beet greens! beets! (NOT 4' tall or 4' wide beets! LOL)
  • Harvest
    • DONE sweet corn????
    • DONE eggplant
    • DONE tomatoes
STUDIES  - 5 days however due to other commitments - this may and probably is on hold for this week - who knows - I may actually do it!


QUILT


KITCHEN
MENU
Toast great, syrup beyond help! (Febreze, here I come!) B: French toast - without syrup - I royally burned it! :(   
Yum! L: Gazpacho soup , cucumber open face sandwiches with cream cheese and chives.  Tea
D: cheese pizza - homemade, with Roma tomatoes

1 comment:

Podunk Pretties said...

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Showing my age or my wonderful musical culture!...LOL

Followers