Friday, August 30, 2013

Yippee! It's FRIDAY!!!! WAIWO 08-30-13B

Weeding outside is done - and tomato oils washed off my arms - TG!  That stuff ITCHES - almost worse than the mosquitoes!  Still and all - it is cool here - cloudy - but cool!

Met one of the moms of the kids today - showed off my garden - later after she left - I looked around at all the empty spaces (thank you, birds!) and thought OH my!  Pitiful!  Still and all - am glad I have what I do!  Her garden isn't doing really well either - their tomatoes are just not ripening - and yes, everything is sooooooo slow growing as to come almost to a standstill!  I thought it was just me and my ineptness!  I've been really glad to have tomatoes - although have got now almost a canning lot again which would be fine if I had lids!  My beans are also growing - and blooming - and that is even for the fall planted beans.  Hers aren't.  I offered to give her some tomatoes - but they're on the way to visit relatives.  So maybe I'm not so bad a gardener after all - provided I don't count the birds!

LOL - Nathan STILL forgot to bring over the eggs he got for me - so I think I'm on my own re eggs and all - at least until next week!

Re housework - can we say this is NOT my favorite thing?  And if so, then what gave you the clue???  Could it be (gasp) that I have carried the SAME assignment in one form or another for the last 2 - 3 weeks (or months - whichever!)  Regardless - at least the living room is DEFINITELY on the schedule for today!  My kitchen is pretty well decluttered - but I want to get it done the rest of the way (yard sale coming up!) - and videos and dvds are part of the living room scene.  Besides if I do a marathon of movies (while quilting!) I want to watch movies I haven't seen before or at least recently - so I can keep those separated out - and then give a keep or dump after I watch them.  Dining room - as always - may be on a survival mode.

MOSTLY today I want to get Back to Square One completely caught up!  I will feel soooooo much better if I do!  And even better yet if I get the Hurricane Sandy thingy done and bound and OUT OF THE WAY!!!! Re the 4 patch - that really isn't on the GOTTA DO IT list until next week when a lot of swaps are on that same list!

Dehydrating foods is a definite MUST for today - either that or I will start to lose veggies and I don't want that!

TODAY.............

HOUSE
  • Living Room zone clean -   
  • Get Dining area READY for zone cleaning! 
  • DONE Double check kitchen re de-cluttering
  • Videos and DVDs - this is NOT a major challenge - go as fast as possible with this one!
QUILT
  • Back to Square One - step 5 - the rest of it!
  • Back to Square One - Step 6
  • Back to Square One - Step 7
  • Back to Square One - Step 8
  • Hurricane Sandy - quilt
  • 4 Patch swap - Southhampton Quilts
GARDEN
  • DONE Carrots weeding
  • Radishes - thin again?
  • May let dry for dried beans Butterpeas - pick all those that are ready.
  • Rhubarb 
  • DONE Weed salsify/scorzonera
  • DONE Pole beans
  • DONE Bush beans????
  • Okra is JUST about ready!
  • Tomatillos
  • Sweet corn - cut old stalks - 
  • BIND all stalks and stand up
  • Sweet corn - for Nathan????
  • DONE-Asian pears - need to be ripe - these are ALMOST Check out pears
  • DONE Tomatoes
KITCHEN (this took almost all day!  MAN there was a lot to put up!)
  • DONE and thought I would NEVER get done!!!  Green Beans - dehydrate
  • not done - working on it! Field Peas - dehydrate
  • DONE Cucumbers
  • DONE Cabbage
  • DONE Eggplant
  • DONE - still to dehydrate - my Brandywines - 10 HUGE tomatoes Tomatoes - Romas - dehydrate
  • DONE Stir fry green packets (thinnings)
MENU
DONE B: homemade bread and butter
DONE L: Tomato sandwich - homegrown tomato (Brandywine) on homemade bread!  Yum!  Soup (Split pea)
DONE Turkey burgers or turkey meatloaf, baked purple potato, tomato salad, Purple beans (turn green when cooked!), tea, challah

B: homemade coffeecake - cinnamon
L: stew - beef and eggpland stew (maybe ground turkey instead of beef??? or chicken???)
D: Pizza - homemade - tomato sauce and slices, basil from garden, onion, green peppers, mozarella, maybe homemade gingerade

No comments:

Followers