Thursday, August 01, 2013

Today Friday's list!!! 08-02-13

I was looking last night at the vegetable section of my American Woman cookbook (I just LOVE that cookbook!!!) and was amazed at not only how many veggies I am too lazy ---- uh, don't cook for whatever reason - but also don't know of anyone else that cooks - and some are quite delicious recipes too!  

for example - there is a Black radish preserves (with meat dishes), peach catsup (also good with meat dishes), or cranberry catsup (great with poultry dishes) - which catsup recipes I've tried - and they are quite good!  Also - NOT tried but someone I know recommended - for cucumbers - salad or pickles - right?  Well, you can also stew them, make a scallop with them, make any of 4 different kinds of soup (will make one today, would LOVE to make the one using greek yogurt - however that also has to wait a bit) dehydrate and use the chips in salads - or really wherever - and that's what I'm going to do today I think with this major onslaught of cukes!  Pickles I would LOVE to make - BUT - (1) I'm doing a major clean here, (2) I have no lids - and need to wait for at least another week in order to get lids!

Dehydrating veggies is EASY PeASY!  And the directions that say poor quality if dehydrated obviously had NO idea what they were talking about since the re-constituted dehydrated veggie tastes almost like fresh (a LOT more so than canned does!)

At present I am seriously procrastinating - am ouchy - and don't want to take meds that will kill pain because I go instantly brain fuzzy with them!  NEED to get outside.  DID work in dining area.

DID walk with Lynne this AM - hurt like the blazes - but needed to so we did - went for much longer walk than usual.  Is there a prize for pain filled moments?  I so enjoyed the walk otherwise - and am afraid that I talked her ear off.  LOL - I'm hard to walk with especially since Westfield walks are at best broken, and hideous to walk on.  And I rubberneck like crazy - checking out everyone else's front porch, front and side gardens - and my feet tend to go in whatever direction I'm looking at - so I'm quite aware that I staggered all over the place!  LOL  Also was walking slowly which is sooooooooooo not me!  I love to walk at a pace my ex-husband used to walk at - super fast.  Which, considering how much I was walking all over everywhere - was probably a good thing that I wasn't - since I am quite sure I would have been arrested for drunk walking (I don't drink! LOL)

Would have loved to walk farther - also would have loved to work on garden more - silly heel really ouching - BADLY

DONE Morning routine with major cleaning and weekly cleaning added in!  the SECOND part!

DONE 1/2 mile walk with Lynne and her dog - Radio

GARDEN

DONE but still need to harvest sweet corn as well as beans - later today Harvest everything I can
for tomorrow - at Lynne and N's house Plant daylillies - son and dil's house
DONE Plant 6 sad little sweet pepper plants I was given
DONE Plant salad stuff - 2 beds in peas, 4 beds in salad section
DONE Weed - root crops - it is going to be taken over by weeds if I don't

HOUSE
  1. ZONE 5
    1. Living Room
      1. Declutter
        1. DONE Shelving (goes to laundry room)
        2. DONE Stuff on shelving - most of it - freecycle
        3. DONE Garden stuff
        4. DONE Magazines

  2. ZONE 4
    1. My room
      1. make up list of stuff needing repair
  3. ZONE 3
    1. Sewing Room
      1. make up list of stuff needing repair
  4. ZONE 2
    1. KITCHEN - WHB AND ZONE
  5. ZONE 1
    1. Dining Room
      1. Declutter
        1. In process of clearing Clear dining room table
      2. Clean
      3. make up list of stuff needing repair
MENUES
DONE B: Omelet with potatoes, and a turkeyburger
DONE - well - it's cooking now!  L: Cream of Cucumber soup -resembles vichyssoise.  Serve cold!  (I am serving room temp - am hungry!)  Sourdough bread and butter.

No comments:

Followers