Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday's WAIWO - 08-29-13

9 patches and snowballs
Block I did for charity swap
August is ALMOST over!!!!

The kids in the apartment upstairs came back yesterday for a brief time (long enough to drop stuff off and then mosey off to visit and party with friends elsewhere!)

Just came in from weeding/thinning/harvesting/planning my garden (planning is for NEXT year! - and to build CAGES this winter!)  LOTS of tomatoes - my little chat with the Brandywine tomatoes seems to have borne fruit - literally!  LOTS of Brandywine tomatoes!

And, of course, the tomatilloes which have been cute and perky all year long - have decided to get in on the act - and so guess what is going on tomorrow - checking and harvesting some of the tomatillos (only ones where the husk has split however.  However I found I can store these little thingies in their husks in the refrig for up to a week - I just want to store them for a couple of days!  All this mostly because I bet that if I found 3 fruits that are ready - that there are a bunch more that I haven't checked that are ready as well.  And my hands are FULL today already!

Didn't get to eat at son's last night - it seems he allowed himself to become seriously dehydrated - and while he was now hydrating himself (water) - he still felt lousy!  Have BTDT - and you can have some SERIOUS problems result.  At this point I suspect he will probably need to carry a thermos of water with him wherever he is - because if he's like me - he will now dehydrate - and do so VERY VERY quickly - and salt is NOT an option!  Seriously!  If I start feeling REALLY thirsty, it is seconds before I feel desperate for water, and only 2-3 minutes before I start tossing my cookies with hospital time following shortly thereafter.  Hopefully he won't be that bad.

TODAY.............

DONE and it was great! Another nap!

HOUSE

QUILT
GARDEN
  • DONE Thin kohlrabi - last row
  • DONE Carrots - first row - remove weeds (thinning MAYBE later this week!)
  • DONE - last row Thin turnips
  • DONE-Asian pears - need to be ripe - these are ALMOST Check out pears
  • DONE Tomatoes
MENU
DONE B: Rolled oats, butter, brown sugar
DONE L: lo spaghetti - and any other leftovers I found!  LOL
DONE Dinner with Nathan's D Five Guys burger and fries!  rootbeer!  (so nutritious!  yeah - right - but oh so good!)

No comments:

Followers