|Down to just one big box of fabrics to be gone through! YAY!!!!|
Plastic bags are full of scraps of a specific color (ie, one all green scrap bag, one all pink, etc.)
Because I'm cleaning up - picking up, putting away fabric and otherwise aiming to make neat an awful mess when in reality I'm probably making a WORSE mess.... I spent the better part of Sunday and Monday sorting stuff out - particularly the 2 BIG boxes (sewing machine size and bigger!) of scraps.
Using Bonnnie Hunter's Scrap Saver System, I sliced and diced my way through, setting aside anything that looked like a crumb or a string, until I had relative decent piles of 4 1/2", 3 1/2", even some 3" which can metamorphasis into 2-1 1/2 inch strings by sewing up BOTH sides and slicing down the middle!, as well as 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2 inch strips -
|Crumb bin with the tiny red diamonds next to my 1.5" squares. |
I store my squares in clear bins in my sewing room -
these are just my sorting "temporary" bins
|String blocks for Jamestown Landing - 4.5" blocks of lights!|
|String blocks for Charlotte's Baskets - 5.5" blocks - I'm doing pastels.|
All pinks have been made. The next one to do will probably be blues -
I have more of them anyway!
|Crumb blocks - END of the line! From here it goes into a bin (Nestle Quik can) |
and dumped when it gets full into a bin at the quilt shop.
From there it all goes to a lady who makes doggie beds for a shelter!
Yesterday I decided that rather than try to pick through for various colors, etc. or sort out - only to have them tangle up all over again, that I would sew the strings onto the pre-prepared foundation blocks (telephone paper I cut to size!) for the next 2 LONG projects I want to work on.