Thursday, May 29, 2014

Garden is IN!


Garden is IN!  With exception of.... Sweet corn, squash, melons, asparagus, and pumpkin, that is!  But the Root vegetables, leafy greens, coles, tomatoes/peppers/eggplants, beans (I didn't plant peas this year!), potatoes are planted.  Admittedly - I WILL have to transplant seedlings from the coles from one place to another a bit later - but overall - all of this is in - and I even have 1 bed for a second, third and fourth planting of lettuce!  And all of this in hopes of finishing off leftover seed from last year!  And - yup - I STILL have SOME seed left over - but may do a second seeding later!

Now to get the rabbit wire cages up and in place - and I would love to do this one tomorrow!  Hopefully none of the birds were watching!

Tomorrow I am hopeful of getting the asparagus in - as well as the rest of everything - and maybe even getting the fence put up for the blackberry bushes!

OH - and my Grape vines are starting to leaf out!  Whew!  I ALMOST pulled them out thinking that our last late freeze had killed them off!  Still I know there is definitely damage - just not sure how much!

And the raspberries - the tree in the middle of that patch is a mulberry! and it is doing a berry thing!  Sigh!  I do love mulberry trees!  Still remember eating myself silly on them as a kid!

Sorry - no pix today - will take some tomorrow and post then!

No comments:

Followers