Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Reason why......


The reason why I haven't been blogging the last couple of days............

My son came over Tuesday after work and got my tiller started - fresh gas - the whole thing!  YAY!

Of course, this meant that I had no longer an excuse to not till - so I did.  OMG!  Am I out of condition!  I am by NO means a lightweight - in fact I have 35 more pounds to lose (I've lost 40 pounds already! Two years ago!) and have been bouncing around on the scales + or - 5 pounds and generally on the fence about the whole thing.  Still and all - when I was running the tiller I felt like Linus and the Security blanket in the Peanuts cartoon strip!  That tiller ran wantonly all over the place and whenever I would finally get it to turn the corner, I'd go whipping around it just like I was taking flight!

About that time, my back decided it was time to kick in and make itself felt. DEFINITELY felt!  To the point of tears!  Son came back over when I called him to start the tiller again (it doesn't like me!) - and finished the last little strip!  At any rate I told him that HE could keep the thing over there!  And NEXT year I was getting either a high wheel cultivator or a Ro-Ho - both of which are NOT machine driven but people powered and both of which I can handle - probably with less pain!   Nathan, being "modern" and very mechanical and machine "more power" minded, was not impressed!

At any rate - after tilling I DID get my potatoes in before it rained (just a spit and fit rain), showered, ate - and fell asleep right after I medicated my Widget cat!  At 8 PM, no less!  AND slept until 8 AM Wednesday!

After medicating Widget (morning insulin) again, I was outside again - weeding strawberry plants, planting beans, and generally leveling out the soil in the big garden as well as the strip garden (4' x I think it is 40' long).  Came in, showered, straightened house, sat down - and woke up 3 hours later!

Geez!  would like to think it is all the fresh air!  More likely - it's all the Tiller Trauma and bending over!  All I can say is - I sure wish I had invested money in those back patches!  I'da made a mint by now!  Just on my useage!

today - it's back outside for a spot of weeding (strawberries! and I have a hunch that it is either woodbine OR it's P***** I*y I'm pulling!  Ugh!  woodbine has 5 leaves, PI has 3 and this has either one!)

After weeding - it's planting any root crops, brassicas, salad crops.  NOT planting peas this year - too late I think!  NEED to plant corn now - but really chilly out and I'm not fond of having seed rot in the ground!

More later!  Who knows - I may actually take pictures!!!!!

No comments:

Followers