Sunday, May 18, 2014

Saturday's Prepping Challeng - 05-17-14

B:Sweet rolls, boiled eggs
L:Tuna salad
D:Chicken crockpot, potatoes, greens, cake

Well - that didn't happen - at least not all of it!  first of all, I suddenly realized I would run out of kitty food - on Sunday I would be TOTALLY out!  Unfortunately, to go to the vet's I HAD to go past McDonald's - which meant - I had a breakfast sandwich THERE - and hot caramel mocha!  (which, of course, since it wasn't a caramel frappe meant a return trip for the frappe later!)  And we ALL know, of course, that I couldn't go the SHORTER way which went almost straight to the vet's - I had to go the LONGER - OUT OF MY WAY path that led past McDonald's and temptation!  Sigh!  And I can't even say I'm sorry I did that since I know that I would do it again and again!  I'm so baaaad!!!!  LOL (and surprisingly - I STILL lost 2 pounds acc to the dr's scales - over a 3 month period, though)

Tuna salad was good though!

GO AND DO
  • DONE Go to Vet and get diabetic kitty food - wet and dry
  • Worked on it Stashbusters quilt retreat (a Stay at Home retreat!) that begins Thurs or Fri and continues over the weekend (I extended mine through the following Monday!)
  • DONE 3 meals a day
  • DONE 3 snacks (part of each meal) - and mention
HOUSE - springtime decluttering - and freecycling
  • PAPERWORK - a mountain of it! work on at least a half hour a day
    • Worked on it 1 hour - Things to do
    • Worked on it Sa
    STUDIES - (NOTE - will work on week's assignments - Mon AM to update from weekend frenzy)
    • LIFE SKILLS
      • Worked on it Paperwork 
    KITCHEN
    • DESSERTS and SALADS
      • DONE Tuna salad
    QUILT  (Depending on what I finish today - I may add other projects!)



  • Worked on it STASHBUSTER RETREAT (THURS, FRI, SAT, SUN, MON - I extended the times by 3 days!)
  • PIECE 

    • Worked on it LE - Jamestown Landing - String  blocks
    • Piecing
      • Worked on it Underground Railroad - Pieced sashing for quilt
    Learned
    • Provide not only for myself and my family - but also for my little friends who are dependent on me for survival!
    • BIGGEST question still is - how to provide enough insulin for Widget to keep him well.
    • STAY AWAY from McDonald's - either that or just give up and budget for it!
    • Better yet - make - AT HOME - breakfast sandwiches, et al - and FREEZE them!  for re-warming in the toaster oven.  I can't remember the freezer life - but know it is longer than one month!
    • Make MORE lemonade
    • Buy stock in the lemonade company
    • Make up a master list of items OTHER than foods to keep on hand - ie, toilet paper 
    • Keep in mind - buy 2 big 12-20 packages - then when I get down and open the last one - buy again another big 12-20 package.  One should be in storage.
    • ROTATE!  (and yes - I finally pitched an ancient can of spinach.  Not saying how old it was - just that Methusaleh's wife probably canned it!  All else is current.)
    • Use a permanent marker - mark the year ON THE LID - and if home canned - write on the label WHAT it is.  Stressed earlier this week.  I had ANOTHER slice of mackeral loaf for dessert last night!

    No comments:

    Followers