"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it." - Charles Buxton, American Writer - as quoted by Jorge Cruise in his book 8 Minutes in the Morning.
Today is a NO EXERCISE day (except for my PT!). Woohoo! Who knew!
He suggests a Power Collage! - some way to capture the feelings of photos of special occasions or situations! He suggests doing this on a weekly basis! using photos of people who inspire us and putting them on our collage board.
He also suggests getting some fresh air, going for a power walk, and motivating ourselves for the next week!
Additionally he posts an "I did it" from someone who challenged, conquered and continues to conquer.
In the diet section - he discusses the "something sweet" - not candy (I don't want to discuss candy, there is a big pan of reason for this - but I don't want to discuss it!) - but for frozen grapes! Oh yum! (10 of them = about 15 calories and you have to eat 12 grapes to check off the box for fruit on the card!)
Uh oh! Here it is - WEEK 1 UPDATE!!!! (I'm in trouble now!)
1. What is my current weight - also write down my original weight (I will on my checklists)
2. How well have I done this week? Ummm - not that great! I need to work a LOT more on this to make me proud of my efforts! However exercise - very good!
3. What could I be doing better, improving? Portion control. Substitution for the "hungries" later in the evening. food item control - ummm - this may mean different shopping! Mostly being resistive - STRONGLY resistive.
My choices re this are:
- Ignore the diet for another week (with the idea that when I DO decide to do the diet part - I go to week 1 again)
- Continue to focus on diet and do the best I can - with the idea that it will eventually "fall into place"
- Focus STRONGLY on diet and literally force myself to adhere
Did I mention that I am also ODD? (Well, odd as well - but oppositional defiant disorder is what I mean!) Choice 3 may not work for me! Choice 2 - seeing each new day as a new starting point and ignoring the negatives from the old may be the best bet. Seeing what I NEED to do and why - and then choosing to adhere or not throughout the day, evaluating - but not blaming at the end of the day.
4.What is my game plan for Week 2? Game plan - plan menues that adhere to diet, snacks that work well with diet and way I develop the "hungries". No blame. Continuing to Exercise. Continuing to mark off exercises as well as to mark off food choices. Trying. Not viewing diet as end all. Finding non-food substitutes or causes or reasons or things to do when boredom sets in.