Monday, October 29, 2012

Design Wall for October 29, 2012

First of all, I had class yesterday - had forgotten that there was a layer cake (10" squares) waiting for me!  So this will go on stash report for next week (and yes, it was HARD but I DID resist getting matching fabric for borders - so far!)  There were 42 blocks - but I'm only using 36! (so I have a 6 block GAIN?!!!!????)

This is for a new quilt - called Twister - which is VERY easy to do! (TG that I don't have to count new templates!!!!)


Actually - with one hour of intensive sewing - I'm ready to slice and dice - and then it is putting it all back together again and sewing everything up!  And I'm trying HARD to leave the rest of this for NEXT time - but already know that won't happen - which is why I'm featuring it on my blog for THIS week!




Before then I need to finish up THESE doo-dads!  A little zig zag on the coin purse, and straight sewing on the grab bag and the apron and that's that!  Something for today during Sandy weather (and hope I keep my power!)

This one will take longer - hopefully not TOO much longer!  However batting and backing mean quilting - and I'm thinking swirly pattern here maybe in black????  to simulate the wind? (COULD put Hurricane Sandy in letters across the bottom????)
 
 
This is getting temporarily tabled - mostly because I'm royally mad at it - has to do with the blocks falling apart AFTER I sew together the sashing!  Ugh!  However - when I do put it together - I'll do the embroidery on it first!  NOT last like I was planning!
 
CP for this month - also tabled - found what I want - drool drool -  And I REALLY want to make this quilt!  Would be nice if I had the applique skills!  So - guess what - I'm going to see if I can locate the pattern - and put that together with my "someday" list! (And THIS time I"m putting an END date on it!)
 
What I DO plan on doing this week (last part of Halloween and first part of November) is sewing up those outfits! Hopefully!
 
AND (ta ta ta DAH! - horns blaring here)
 
MACHINE QUILTING!!!!!!
 
Walking foot:
 



 
And there ya have it!
 
(Guarantees this will happen dependent on electricity, Sandy, Exhaustion, and just plain whether I decide to do this or not!)
 




No comments:

Followers