Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Trouble with....

Naaah - NOT going to say Tribbles....

Today was a somewhat kinda/kinda not frustrating day!

I wanted to sew like crazy - couldn't - machine wouldn't work.  Does NOW - but that is NOW when I'm just about to head to bed!  Hmmm!!!


Anyway - I found my Halloween wall hanging stuff - that is, it isn't a wall hanging YET - but it will be - and it'll be cute!!! I tried hand stitching the applique - and... well - let's just say that from now on the machine will be used exclusively! As in - I don't think bats are ever shaped like this one is!

Anyway - tomorrow (now that my machine is working) I plan on zigzagging the applique shapes all on. Hopefully! Provided, of course, I figure out which is the zig zag foot!

Along the way I discovered that in SOME moment - or combination of moments I ended up with 10 FQ and some yardage - everything totalling about 5.0 yards all told! So - while I won't use up ALL of my fabric - I will have 2 lovely wall hangings - one for the outside of my downstairs door and one for inside!


And an apron


a grab bag for candy junk
 

 
and a cute little drawstring change purse!
(First, however - that poor bat needs to be UNSEWN - then zig-zagged! Most defnitely!)
 

Maybe!  All provided, however, that I figure out how to do all the zig zagging for appliques that I need!

I did accomplish something though - I took the triangles AND the 2 overly stuffed containers (Nestle containers) with scraps in it to the quilt shop (a lady collects all the too small scraps and sews them into dog pillows for rescue dogs and kennels).  LOL - Nancy commented that I must be the lady who drinks Nestle Quik!  Yup! I add it to my coffee for cafe mocha almost daily!  Fortunately she did save my little Nestle quik boxes for me for re-use!  My poor old oatmeal box keeps getting dumped!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You bat is wearing a costume...

Helen said...

Har de har Har!!!! No costume like _I've_ ever seen! LOLOL

Actually who knows?!!! Maybe he's going incognito???

Followers