Saturday, October 06, 2012

The Third Day - October Quiltathon

This is silly!  I've sewn for 6 - 8 hours before and NOT become exhausted.  Yesterday - 5 - 6 hours in and it was all I could do to drag my feet for a "quick" lie down!  (and sleep for 3 hours until my son called and woke me - TWICE!)

Of course, it probably doesn't help that my sinusitis is raging and storming around! And that I'm doing my level best to sneeze my head off! (we will NOT discuss how my cats are totally avoiding me with my VERY loud and explosive sneezing fits!)

Nevertheless.... I REALLY have a LOT to do in this quiltathon!  Not the least of which is to actually have STASH gone Gone GONE!!!! to report!  Besides it's always fun to participate in Judy L's quiltathon!  I get to see other people's work and both wish I were half as good as some of them - or want to start MORE new projects (WIPs) right away!  Not the least of which is the ones Judy is working on!

However - that being said - I will (as in I WILL) work on my current projects and I WILL complete some at least before tomorrow evening - no matter how late it is!

Being that as it may - what did I complete yesterday?  A LOT of the 4-blocks - and more to be pressed for the Apple Cider quilt (I did say that they kinda took over, didn't I?),
 

 

all the 9 patch plus sashing units (just needs sewing together now into strips), and now have ready - the posts - rather what I call the square in a square blocks (some are done, trimmed and already attached to the strips - CUTE!!!!), and a world of trimming and finishing.  Who knows - I may actually get this quilt either finished today - or ALMOST finished!  Yeehaw (oops! I didn't say that - at least not yet!)

 


More in a bit.............
............................................................

Lunch break (turkey wrap with cream cheese.  Only a few little tiny yellow pear tomatoes to "decorate" the 12" Wrap!)

Decided to go pick up the mail at the post office (didn't know they could put so much junk mail and so many bills in one PO box!) then to the library to drop off the Advice and Consent video (only 4 days overdue) - and thought maybe it is time to start really focusing on my pre-election videos and DVDs on presidential and senatorial stuff (I have 8 so far) - will see what I can scrounge at the library as well next trip!  Also stopped by the other rental property to see what improvements have been made - but the door was locked, the saws were screaming, and the music was turned so high that there was NO WAY son or anyone else, ftm, could hear me!  Came home and ran into my missing neighbour (not missing, really - she had moved and I miss her!).  We discussed Quinoa as a "grain/not-grain" (I didn't realize at first what she was talking about until suddenly I realized she was pronouncing Quinoa as Keenah! which is probably the correct pronunciation.  Sounds really good and I think I will definitely look into it!  And I invited her to partake of the Swiss chard/greens that I've got out in the garden!  She in turn gave me a VERY delicious apple that grew wild in her yard!  Yum!

Now it's back to quilting - and I feel so much happier with my break!  First pressing time - to the tune of Dark something or other - a sci fi film - then it's back to Mansfield Park (I think chapter 32 or so!)

Fall must be almost right here - I can see yellow leaves on trees already, a touch of red on the green trees - but so far - mostly green!  And if I get done/tired early enough - I think I'll head outside and remove all the last of the beans - readying those 2 beds at least for tilling.  And start back on the potatoes again!  The dried out corn stalks can go in a bundle for fall decoration if I pull the leaves on what ears there are back a bit. and maybe I can get rid of some of the leaves, etc.  (Pix added later)
 
More later!........................


2 comments:

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

You did a lot and your not tired. Amazing. I look forward to see what your quilt will look like.

Wendy said...

Lovely!

Followers