Monday, October 01, 2012

September slips by and now it's October!

Isn't it amazing how one month just sorta slips by before you know it - and then another one looms mercilessly overhead, telling you how you didn't finish LAST month's projects and now you've got a whole New Month of projects to contend with!

Just so you (and I) won't think I didn't do ANYTHING in the month of September - let me review (and add some DONE pix as well)

Eventwise.....

First there was a combination of a family wedding and family reunion at the same time

My daughter Wendy and son-in-law Vince

My sister Karen and brother in law Bill

I like this picture of Bill a lot better!
 
and then there's
THE BIG EVENT.....
 
The WEDDING!!!
Son Nathan

new daughter, Lynn

and this is the sweetest picture!!!!
Two hearts melded into one!!!!
(Lynn's mom officiated as minister)
 
Of course, this means a whole new family added together (I'm one for including whole families and thinking of us all joined together).  I haven't figured out all of who's who - but eventually I'll get there!
 
 
Lynn's mom, who officiated and married Nathan and Lynn

Some of the groomsmen - Mike Toth, Doug - both good friends (Donovan - where WERE you in this picture?), one of Lynn's cousins and Lynn's grampa who is one sweetheart for sure!

ummm - not going to mention which aunt had ouchy feet from her shoes!!!!
Just trust me that this picture WILL come back to haunt her! LOL
 

Groomsmen and Nathan
Doug from South (?) Carolina, Mike Donovan, of course the next person is Nathan, then Mike Toth and then Lynn's cousin whose name I STILL don't know
 

Housewise....

While I didn't get ALL of my projects done by any means - I DID prevail upon my son to complete 2 projects......
The set of bathroom shelves

Some of the shelving needed for laundry room (which immediately filled up - Need MORE!)

Sewing room project shelves and quilting bookshelf
(individual patterns and book binders are stored elsewhere)
 
 My room - picked up and (it WAS clean!) almost clean (note the iron!!!!)
 
I also cleared out most of the mess in my living room and in my dining room (room will henceforth be called the study/office and dining room is the new family room!)  And, no, I'm NOT posting before pix - and after pix are under duress (from me) because they are STILL needing more decluttering!)
 
Quiltwise......
 
Baby quilt - August UFO

Row by row - September UFO quilt
 

 


No comments:

Followers