Monday, October 15, 2012

Design Wall for Week 41, 10-15-12

I'm re-submitting my Design Wall for last week since I didn't finish anything - except for the triangle project for October - and that one doesn't count until I get ALL my triangles back and work them into the project I have in mind!
 
Also - I've added to the entire mess, the newest of the Halloween projects (which I MUST MUST finish this week!  And will re-home the REST of that fabric - does it count if that is gone from my stash even though I re-homed it?)
 
Also - have a "new" L-E project (actually one I've used before in this regard - and expect to elevate it to a regular project either later this week - or next) - my Lilacs!
 
STILL no truly firm idea about the October project - although I'm gathering together the stuff I intend to use with it.  Will be working on THAT one by the weekend!  Debating whether it will be a charity quilt or a baby blanket (very possible - except I have sooooooooooo many squares!) - with the idea I have a glimmer of - it could be a terrific baby blanket!
...........................................................................
 
First - the machine quilting (right after I complete the other two I worked on the quiltathon - and the triangles, of course!)


Quilting Sampler - walking foot - and no, definitely needs more!!!

Threadhead Sampler - Stitch in the Ditch with just a little FMQ in the borders (which I will save for next week!)

Baby quilt - THOUGHT I was done with the walking foot!
Boy was I mistaken! Anyway - walking foot until all done to the borders which will be FMQ
next week!


Baby quilt - Walking foot - am thinking all the way - making Octagons out of the Squares and grid in the borders??? Am thinking this. Probably will change my mind!
...............................................
 
And now for the piecing.....

And here are the Granny Squares!
Actually - only 4 rows worth! And the sashing and granny square strips are NOT sewn together as yet! Plus I need to make more sashing! It wasn't enough! Drat it! So - I have approximately several days work ahead of me - BUT I'm doing other things FIRST!


And this was the surprise (to me, anyway!) This is the Sweet and Sassy quilt designed by Evelyn Sloppy - the one my dd calls her Apple Cider quilt!

Here is another picture of it! Yup - the top row isn't attached to the rest - and for that matter, the bottom row has to be sewn into a strip then attached. Then a good press and trimming and LOTS of big wide borders!
It is a little smaller than what Evelyn called for (one of the first ones I ever did - and I couldn't slice and dice worth a dern! Still have problems, ftm! So I sized everything down 1/2 inch.)
<>
[Note here: my dd Wendy suggested that I set this up as a lap quilt - with fair to middling sized borders - I am thinking several borders - first one to be maybe that green - about 1.5 in wide (finished) and then 3" wide burgundy brown on the next with a narrow strip of something or other and another 3" wide of the burgundy brown.  Although I think that the 2nd border will probably bew 2" wide - then the narrow about an inch finished (I don't really want the green but think that is probably what I will use - since at THAT point the gold may detract rather than add!) and then maybe the last border at 3.5 inches finished.  Maybe (or not) one of the large pinwheels in each of the corners!   Thinking on that!]
 

CTS Sampler! This is the Manor House (by Denise) - as you can see - I am NOT caught up on this Sampler. So I want to spend part of each day working on these. First is the Manor House!

Then the 3 Trees!

I haven't figured out the color schemes completely for the pretty little bird in a heart, and need to pull together Judy's lovely block! Will decide on these later!
 
Applique -
In my spare moments (the ones I'm supposed to be sleeping - and can't!) I'm also working on
A Halloween themed change Bag (purse) - to be zigzagged

Haunted House peekaboo mini wall hanging - which is STILL hanging about!
 

A big ol' grab bag (will have bats and other things on it flying across the pumpkin back - zigzag foot!)

Halloween Apron with black patch pocket
 
Halloween mini hanging
 
Sewing clothing -
 
 
I'm thinking of cutting out the rest of the dark brown items - and hopefully finishing up the already started trousers!  Hopefully!
..............................
 
And now that I've outlined my stuff for the week (along with teaching, mind you!), I also intend to do away with World Hunger, Create worldwide peace and other such pipe dreams!  LOL

2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

LOL - I'm exhausted just reading all you have planned - lots of wonderful projects there!

Gari in AL said...

Wow, no wonder you can't sleep. I like lots of projects going on at once but that just made my head spin. Good luck.

Followers