Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Design Wall for Week 40, October 8, 2012

First - the machine quilting (right after I complete the other two I worked on the quiltathon - and the triangles, of course!)
 
 
Quilting Sampler - walking foot - and no, definitely needs more!!!

Threadhead Sampler - Stitch in the Ditch with just a little FMQ in the borders (which I will save for next week!)

Baby quilt - THOUGHT I was done with the walking foot! 
Boy was I mistaken!  Anyway - walking foot until all done to the borders which will be FMQ
next week!


Baby quilt - Walking foot - am thinking all the way - making Octagons out of the Squares and grid in the borders???  Am thinking this.  Probably will change my mind!
...............................................
And now for the piecing.....
 
October Triangles (about an hour - a little more actually)

And here are the Granny Squares! 
Actually - only 4 rows worth!  And the sashing and granny square strips are NOT sewn together as yet!  Plus I need to make more sashing!  It wasn't enough!  Drat it!  So - I have approximately several days work ahead of me - BUT I'm doing other things FIRST!
 

 
And this was the surprise (to me, anyway!)  This is the Sweet and Sassy quilt designed by Evelyn Sloppy - the one my dd calls her Apple Cider quilt! 

Here is another picture of it!  Yup - the top row isn't attached to the rest - and for that matter, the bottom row has to be sewn into a strip then attached.  Then a good press and trimming and LOTS of big wide borders! 
It is a little smaller than what Evelyn called for (one of the first ones I ever did - and I couldn't slice and dice worth a dern!  Still have problems, ftm! So I sized everything down 1/2 inch.)
 
Re borders - I would love (and don't think I have enough) to use that dark burgundy/brown on the outside - maybe a 6" border, an inch wide - up to 2/5 inches wide strip of something - maybe a gold? - or the middle tone green? - and an inside border - something dark again?  for contrast and to kind of tone down all the business of the pattern or at least to settle the large pinwheels as primary. (please pretend you are on a galloping horse going 90 miles an hour past this and ignore all point NOT meeting that should!) Beige?  Green?  Just not sure!  Want to finish the flimsy this week if possible!

CTS Sampler!  This is the Manor House (by Denise) - as you can see - I am NOT caught up on this Sampler.  So I want to spend part of each day working on these.  First is the Manor House!

Then the 3 Trees!

I haven't figured out the color schemes completely for the pretty little bird in a heart, and need to pull together Judy's lovely block!  Will decide on these later!
 
 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

YOu could just leave the Apple Cider quilt to be a throw to wear in front of the TV....

Followers