Saturday, November 09, 2013

I tried it - BUT......

One of two bridges going from north Westfield into Westfield - the main part!
Picture taken by my holding the camera up with fingers on button
and randomly taking pix (hopefully without my fingers in the way) as I drove!
ok - re the WAIWO DAILY posts - I think I'm going to change stuff BUNCHEs - hopefully!

Yes - I will continue the weekly goals post.  NO I will NOT continue the daily goals post - that is MY problem!  BUT at the END of the day I can post what I did and didn't do - on the weekly goals!  And as for a daily post per se - just post those things that were interesting (to me!) or fun (to me!) or were bothersome or whatever!

All this is in an attempt to relieve the ever burgeoning boredom that tends to go with my posts!

Yes - I will continue the weekly menu post!  Also the stash report and design wall.

All these things were in an effort to GET ME GOING - and then to KEEP ME GOING!  and FORWARD - NOT backward!  Did it work?  Yes and no!  It made me aware of what I was doing.  It also made me aware of areas I have been, if not ignoring, doing my lily-livered best to ignore - and fairly successfully!

So - then - what to do?  Several possibilities....
1. Accept that I can and will ignore those areas - and just accept that and go on.
2. find ways to make those areas MORE acceptable and do that
3. Change from what wasn't working to what MIGHT work
4. Continue with what I was doing and just hope for the best

And I am sure there are other possibilities as well.

Re what I view as possibilities.... - the first and 4th really aren't that acceptable to me.  we don't grow within if we refuse to accept the idea of change or refuse to strive for growth.  And inwardly I need a LOT of growth!

The second and third possibilities really are different facets of the same thing.  find out what WAS acceptable (what works) and change the areas where things aren't working (what doesn't work) to something that MIGHT work (making more acceptable).

Then too - change itself may be a key - sort of like jumping from one diet to another - it is the NEWNESS or jumping on the bandwagon for specific goals that is what's working - NOT so much the thing itself!  At least initially - it may work, even though ultimately over long periods of time the word would be No!

Housework - pretty much a given as far as I am concerned about what is SLOOOOWWWWW about working!  Flylady is fantastic, so are little games I play - like Flylady Bingo, beat the timer, Need to do this before I can do that, - things like that.  And they work!  Mostly!  Still after having belonged to the flylady.com group for eons - I still remain a member and periodically I go back to ground zero and review over everything.  Admittedly I don't have as much decluttering, changing attitudes, or whatever to do as I used to - and I know it works!  for the most part - this IS a fairly peaceful, unstressed place - excepting my study and the dining room which I do NOT want to discuss at present!

So - maybe I can explore possibilities on this blog and see what can be done!

No comments:

Followers