Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stash Report Week 47 - 11-24-13


11-24-13 -Week 47 -  Well, I succumbed!  to the tune of 2 yards!  Actually what I purchased was WHITE - and since I needed white for Santas, for a Christmassy table runner, and for.... - well, whatever! I got 2 whole yards instead of just one!  And just when I was only a negative 14.8 with more bought in than used in a completed project!  Oh well!  At least it was ONLY the 2 yards and I turned a blind eye to all the other lovely fabrics the quilt shop had!

Used This Week: 0 yard
Used This Month: 0 yard for November
Used Year to Date: 23.513 yds


Added This Week: 2 yards
Added This Month: 4.75 yards for November
Added Year to Date: 40.34yards 
  
Net Used for 2013: -16 .827 yards 

8 comments:

Scooquilt said...

Hey, we all have to buy a little fabric, and you can't get more basic than white! I'm sure it will help you use up more of your stash.

Anonymous said...

Great job turning down all the other pretty fabrics! ~Melanie

Kate said...

Sometimes you reach the point you have to buy in order to use. I bought black for the same reason. White is just such a basic, it's hard to make a lot without it.

Cheryl said...

I think Kate is right.....you just have to buy sometimes to make what you have useable. I like to think of it as "freshening" the stash. I am finally in the black, but I fear it won't be for long, I freshen the stash way too frequently!

Dar said...

White fabric shouldn't even count on our stash reports, right? I know exactly what you mean. I'm trying very hard not to buy, but as someone said, you have to buy a little in order for the rest of the stash to be used. You will get back in the + numbers soon, I'm sure.

kwiltnkats said...

I agree with Dar. Neutrals should never count! Love your kitty widget.

Deb said...

I'm with the gang...neutrals should not count! lol Right after the first of the year I will have to make purchases of some basics...running low. Happy Thanksgiving!

Helen said...

What is worse (a LOT worse!) is that I had Runnermania class today. Was doing fine - except we were planning NEXT year's quilt projects - and, well, I got a book, ANOTHER ruler (good thing they don't count on the stash report!!!!), some batting (for the Thanksgiving flimsy I have only one more border to add - which I would LIKE to finish up today - except I think I'm all quilted out!) - and was STILL doing fine...... UNTIL I walked by the scrap users basket and saw these 2 REALLY cute odds and ends (more than 1/8. less than a FQ! sells by the pound! and at 10% off!) - which I now have to figure out how much EXACTLY (or essentially) so I can add it to my stash report for next week! (I put it on my stash page) Good thing I don't live next to the quilt shop (and of course, NEXT week is the 35 - 40% off LQS anniversary sale!!!!)

Followers