Thursday, November 21, 2013

Spent most of yesterday..........I

Part of Westfield State University - which is located not overly far from me

Yesterday I decided to work on my long neglected (and boy are they!) studies!

Picked up my math book and worked on that - NO PROBLEM! (actually this is the one that made me decide to Get Moving! - I have a new text that is On Its Way!  Next level higher!

My Creative Writing was doing fine (hmmm - Wendy is SUPPOSED to have sent me an URL for a writer's group online!  Hasn't yet so far! Hope there is no problem!)  and I was actually a bit ahead of where I had planned!  Today I start on a new assignement!  And this book is also on my gotta get moving because a new text is coming list!

Religion - yup - I'm behind!  WAY behind! It's an easy peasy course - just that I need to create these little booklet thingies!  (lapbooks) - and I have this mental block about it!  Probably the same one I have re quilting too!  Well, am working on that today and should finish THAT little job!  I think I need to figure out how to circumvent the "gotta be absolutely right" bottleneck and just go for the gold and GET 'ER DONE!  After all, that's my goal (well, that and actually learning what I'm studying!)

Science - OH MY!  So far way behind that I've almost lost sight of the potato wagon I fell off of!  However, I DID get moving - worked on the college level Coloring book! Not sure that I remember anything - but I did work on it and get my task done!  Am reviewing over this too - lots to remember!

It's the High school text I am running into problems with - and, of course, the content is very needful! It isn't difficult by any means - and should be interesting!  After all I do science experiments, research - and the activity is quite varied and very hands on - which may or may not be the problem!  And, of course, I am saving all I work on in the form of a lapbook which I am NOT uptight about working on (go figure!)

Maybe it's because I truly did NOT like High school - and this IS a high school level text!  which is silly on my part!  Need to think about this because I truly do need to get past whatever it is that is slowing me down to a standstill and then work like mad and GET 'ER Done!

the Earth course  - I'm still working on - slowly but it's going!  And the lapbook for the Earth (PreCambrian) is coming along!  Slowly!

Yoga - ummm - let's just say that it NEEDS to happen - so maybe I just need to SCHEDULE when I am going to do it - and then just DO YOGA!  Yup!  Sounds like a plan to me!

Russian - having some problems here!  OK - I am working on the new lessons - BUT I've forgotten some of the things I worked on last Spring (especially numbers, grammar - all the "good" stuff!) - so I'm also reviewing over and over what I've learned AS WELL as continuing ahead - approx. 1 lesson a week!  Geesh!  I remember WHILE I am reviewing, etc.  But is there something that says my brain cells have to atrophy after a certain age?   Because I sure as heck am having a problem retaining all the "good" stuff - that is, the hard parts!  Oh well - again - I need to just review AND proceed ahead and do it at a certain time DAILY! (probably right after - or almost after - I do my yoga that I haven't been doing!)

And, of course, I've been VERY CAREFULLY ignoring the part where I am supposed to be QUILTING!!!!!  That is the FINAL quilting - the part right before the BINDING!

And I've got swaps to do too!

Geesh!  Of course the quilting part - and the swaps - have to do with the "gotta be perfect" bottleneck - and mine sure isn't!  I need to remember this is SUPPOSED to be fun!  And most of all - to remember - that DONE is DONE and NO ONE can see the mistakes or crooked stitching as you go driving by at 60 miles per hour!

Yup - that's what I need to remember, all right!

Let's just say - I'll work on  it!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I SENT it last week!

Followers