Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Whew! Have been working on.............

Back to Square One - am seriously SERIOUSLY behind!  In part due to my frustration with doing square in a square WITHOUT chopping points or coming up with wierdly shaped blocks!

So - I finally chopped some points, some I didn't - sewed it together - and will probably take it apart again some day in the far distant future (or NOT take it apart!  after all - done IS done!).


Step 5 - ALMOST completely done!
Picture is NOT accurate since the red is really a red -brown floral but it "glows in the dark" here!
And, no, we will NOT count all the chopped points!
LOL - I think I also need to remember to NOT take pictures against my blue and white bedsheets!  Maybe against plain WHITE bedsheets, though!

HAD thought I might have completed the chanukkah tablecloth and napkins by now.  Also thought I might have done the same with the 2 Christmas type fabrics I found and want to give away.

All of which brings up an interesting point....  and it isn't just limited to quilting.  It has to do with planning more than is humanely possible for 3 - 5 people in a very limited time span (one week in this case).  And I will persistently do it!

BETTER would be to plan just 1 - 2 things - maybe small things - and make sure I do those - then plan 1 - 2 OTHER things and work on those.

However - I seem to have a REALLY bad case of "want it all and want it all NOW!" - whether the house being done, quilting, my studies (which as you can guess - are definitely suffering - and I just got done ordering the next level up on some of my books!) (Oh yeah - son wants me to enroll in college for a course or two.  Hahahahaaaa!!!! WHEN?????  I AM in a learning program - albeit a VERY relaxed program!  I still hope to teach this year - IF this cough would go away!  and I am having problems scheduling in the stuff I NEED to do - like cleaning!  Oy vey! or remembering to make bread!

Well, maybe the answer is - choose just the one or two things and work on those - and as for the rest - just muddle along like the rest of humanity and hope that's good enough!

No comments:

Followers